Table Saw Infeed Extensions

Nothing really fancy but purely functional, simple and work great. Ripping long boards, cutting larger sheets, etc. these make for that extra set of hands we all need at one time or another. The 'hook' on the top front end simply 'snug' fits into the slot between the rip fence tube and the angle that mounts this tube to the saw. Allows the extensions to be put anywhere along the infeed side. Fold up for easy storage when not in use. Make yourself a set !!
P6260170.JPG
P6260172.JPG

Great tip but i need to get to make these things not see them. I nearly caused mysefl injury a few weeks ago where this could have prevented the possibility.

Robert i really like the simplicity.:thumb:

Posted this a while back and have since used considerable times in making the living room tables, cutting the MDF that gets the walnut burl veneer and the MDF for the bottoms. Thought I would post another pic of them in action. I have to say, they make handling panels and other large pieces a piece of cake. I encourage you all to make a set or two and try them out ... I am guessing that most or you have the scraps on hand to do the job. Here is to safe and easy work on the TS !! Panel in the pick is 1/2" MDF, 49" by 46" roughly.
P9130067.JPG P9130066.JPG

Looks like they would be useful. I have some long stringers to cut for a kayak build and these would really be handy. I have put an out-feed table on my saw, but sometime an in-feed support is called for. This answers well. I'm a little apprehensive about the "Snug fit" method of attaching them to the table saw. Have you had any problem with them coming loose or tipping while in use?

Not sure how they attach to the ts. Can you give a close up of that?
Still very handy idea. I'm sure most of us are one man shops. Handling big stuff is always akward, need several 'third hands' at times. Good tip.

Larry, yes I sometimes do go around the left side .. just had it a little close the day I took the pics. Due to space and cars, I put the saw away every night so it is often in a different spot the next day.

Paul, the fit in the gap between the fence rail and the saw top is a loose snug for easy slide in/out. they are rock solid and show no signs of movement. The hinge swings a littel past 90 degrees so the leg is pushing the top towards the saw.

Frank, I do not have pics of the mounting method. I'll snap a few over the weekend and drop them into a thread. Stay tuned.