106 today

I was going down the road today with the windows in the truck down and Lucas said "Dang dad you know it's hot when the air blowing in is hot". High here at the house was 107, thank gosh the humidity was only around 25%. I guess the "feels like" was probably 109 - 110. I thought Sugar Ray Leonard was outside, because I could hear the A/C yelling "No mas"

It is only about 25C/80F here with a humidity of 70% that is not hot at all, often in August we see 37C/100F and 75% humidity or higher, that is stinking hot and humid. According to your heat index that is 62C/144F.
Days like that I love my I underground workshop :D

Been up to 113 degrees. Most days top out about 109. I have never seen anything like this in more than 35 years in the Ozarks of north-central Arkansas. We have had drought years. And hot years in the mid-90s. But nothing even close to this devastation. Pastures are brown, woods are dry, deer are wandering listlessly looking for food. Farmers are selling cattle before they die. No hay is for sale. Fortunately the electricity is, so far, keeping up. The utility bills will be difficult for a lot of people to pay. And no end in sight.