Radial Arm Saw Station - With Fence

I've got some little screw feet on the bottom that allows me to adjust the fence to match the table. I then screwed it down at each end to keep it in alignment (Through the access holes you can see on the top).

Looks great! When I first set my arm saw up I figured on just leaving it at 90°, throw the dado set on it & call it a day... nope, blade tracks showing up all over the top now :D
I do need to set up a stop, like yours. Nicely done :thumb:

Well, I did make the top some 3/16 white faced hardboard. Once I start putting tracks across it it should be easy enough replace! And the fence, what that will be pretty easy to replace as well. I should probably make up a couple extra fences and just tuck them away somewhere.

Nice set up Brent:thumb: I've been searching CL for a RAS so I can make up a station pretty much like yours.

Thanks!

Just got done using it and it worked like a champ. I almost feel like I have a real shop now. Prepping up some stock for another shop project and I was able to use the TS, RAS, Planer all with ease. Hot dang Tamale!

brent, your half done.. you are going to want a table to the right as well, one to support the longer stuff and also if your right handed you make a clean square cut slide to the stop on the right and cut to size.. i dont use mine for any angles just cut off at 90.. but wouldnt be without one..

brent, your half done.. you are going to want a table to the right as well, one to support the longer stuff and also if your right handed you make a clean square cut slide to the stop on the right and cut to size.. i dont use mine for any angles just cut off at 90.. but wouldnt be without one..

It's a little small, but I don't have any room to make it larger. I can use my drill press table a support on the right however.

So for longer pieces, I just have to be a little creative to make the cuts.

Larry, Brent or anyone...I stand to my left of the saw {when facing it} & I use my right hand for saw control and left hand for hold-down...I always assumed that this procedure would lend to the 'stop' being on the left side of the fence...am I confused? I haven't had the need for a stop yet, but those repetitious cuts are sure to come...Thanks for any thoughts!

ken, i am not saying doing it your way is wrong.. but for me i take a long board make a square cut holding it with my left arm and then slide it the stop on the right, on smaller pieces i will hold with left and cut to line.

"i will hold with left and cut to line"
That's been my procedure, was just curious if I was doing something on the dangerous side...Thanks!

Edit: the above is why I thought the stop should stay on the left...I'm not sure if I like the idea of the cut-off being free to 'jump' with me doing the hold down on the opposite side of the blade...am I making sense or is it as simple as using a hold down & the stop on the right side if I prefer staying on the left?

Last edited:
in my case ken the stop would be in the way.. i bring in board put on bench and cut to rough size. i have held with right and cut with left on some cases.. when you drop over here you can see what i mean:) hey maybe you could hitch a ride with rob if he is coming this way he would be driving right near you.. comiing threw port huron i think..

Definitely a little more board handling with this small setup. What I did yesterday was flip the stop up, make a squaring cut on one end, flip the board around, then make my subsequent cuts to size with the squared end up against the stop. Not perfect, but in a perfect world I'd have a stand alone out building shop with room for everything.

If I have really long boards I need to chop, I can always get out my miter saw that's on a portable stand and use that to break things up.

OK, I got it now, Thanks guys...I'm in the limited space boat myself, 52" to the left,88" to the right...But I can see Larry, where if the room is available, less steps would be required.

The ride along with Rob, sounds like a great trip{and possible trouble, LOL}, but alas, if I can make it, it will be a day trip...Greet, meet, eat, beat feet....oh and probably taste a few cold liquid sweets :D

Well Ken its too early for me to commit to this i got 3 other items in the air like aircraft waiting for a place to land. But as soon as i know for sure where i am at i have no problem with stopping en route for you.

Thanks Rob, I was trying to convey that if I make it, I'll be a non-over-nighter, so while the offer is appreciated, its a no-worry item.

Brent, what's the breed of that puppy? How big is it etc. mines a 2hp Dewalt 10", I'm really looking forward to one day up-sizing it.