I got the Job!

Ned Bulken

For those who've been following my employment saga,
I just finished filling out the mountain of paperwork 28 pages worth of why's and wherefore's. Dropping them off to the site manager this morning (after I make a full set of copies). Then I'm going to go discuss a few things with the unemployment office, who have withheld benefits for 2 weeks Grrrrrr.

I start training on Monday morning! WOOHOO!

Way to go Ned!

I guess we will see less of you here now, but then again, with the right "Road Warrior" set up, you can be on here, while on the road, right?

Hope you can keep in touch!

PS for keeping in touch with the wife and kids, do you use Skype?

I used it when I went to Austria last June, it worked VERY well and was Totally Free!

Cheers!

Congrats Ned!

Best day on a new job is when you first get it, before you've done any work yet :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks guys!

Stu, Until I get back on my feet, I'll be hauling around one of my old computers, That and a monitor will fit in the back of the truck. The company supplies a 'business class' Hotel with kitchenette and so on, and most of those supply connectivity as well. The first couple of weeks though, I'll be working from home, as the project the new company is working on is in this area right now.

John, too true, though waiting for the first paycheck can be a little annoying, it will be three weeks from today when I'll get my first check. oh well, good thing the grouch bag has a little stashed away in it, eh?

Thanks guys,
The old job was a bummer for awhile as Alex alluded to, but I'd pretty well resigned myself to ride it out for the duration, and things did improve, marginally for awhile.
The new company is so far, Much better, friendlier and I think a better fit for me. I'll have good advancement opportunities and while it is a 'road' job, I'll be in 'one place' for several weeks and even months at a time. I'll be out from behind a desk for the first time in several years, which is going to be a very good thing. I'm not looking forward to getting back in shape, or rather the Process thereof, but It will happen over the next few months.

Chuck, No, though I did train there for a couple of weeks about a year ago. I was on-site at a warehouse in Rome NY, managing a dedicated fleet for them, up until about a month and a half ago. Now I'll be out in the field as a sub-contractor for our local power company.

Certainly hope you the very best Ned.
I used to live just over I80 on Hwy 50 from Werner. Flew on a flight from Omaha to Denver once with Kenny Werner. Great guy.
Hope you well in your new job.
Chuck