different bottle stopper ideas

Different shapes or different material for the stopper? I don't have an idea for either, :p but look forward to what everyone comes up with.

ok guys, here are the two ideas, the first should be easy to figure out, for all of you golfers, and the other has just been started, but it involves 10 gauge shotgun hulls.

Attachments

• new bottle stopper.jpg
    new bottle stopper.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 10 gauge.jpg
    10 gauge.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 50
The golf ball idea I think is a good one. Golfers will buy almost anything that seems differant.
Dennis

finally got around to the shotgun shell stoppers today. hotter than all get out today (until the storms came through), and hotter in pop's garage. kinda hard to turn when you can feel it running down. oh well, i did manage to get one stopper done today. it is curly maple, and there will be 3 more of those, 4 in cocobolo, and 4 in padauk.

Attachments

• first 10 gauge curly maple.jpg
    first 10 gauge curly maple.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 26
Do you do any casting in acrylics??? If you don't you should. Then there would be thousands of ideas.You can cast different colors. You can cast things embedded such as dice and seashells and coins. You can do fishing stoppers. Too many to mention. Will look to see what else you come up with. By the way you did the golf ball, try a billiard ball. No not the 2-14" ones. You can get smaller ones on ebay.

I was just going to put up John's suggestion. A 3" long chunk of 1-1/2" PVC, you can cap or plug the bottom with your prefered meathod and mix away! The best results I get are from purposely over mixing a pen pour and dumping the left over in the PVC "mold". PR shrinks when it's dry so you can just smack it out on the bench or shoot some Pam in the mold...it won't react with the resin. Like John said...there are no limits...2 part pour, black on the bottom, let it cure. Get a bottle cap from your beverage of choice, set it on top of the black and then pour clear over the black and cap...Shazzam! Put in a bug, bee, fly, stone, Jell-o...whatever floats your boat. My brain just over loaded!