New work bench

Tom Niemi

Staff member
I have been trying to find the proper plans, time, etc to build a new workbench. I have come up with the plans but time..........not yet, hopefully this winter. So until then I picked up a bench from harbor freight and for what it is, I am happy with it:thumb: Going from using my table saw for everything including plaining bench, assembly table and even as a table saw:p So it is 5' x 20.5", 4 felt lined drawers, vise on the end. Normally 229.95 on sale for 159.95 and a 25% coupon (special for the 4th:)) ends up at 119.95 plus tax, a good price for what it is. Set it up yesterday and gave it a try out using Toni's plane, a #5 1/2 and a #4. Bench seems solid and made me a happy camper for now:)Old Bench.jpgNew Bench Break in 2.jpgNew Bench Break in.jpgNew Bench 2.jpgNew Bench 1.jpg

Tom i would say that is a real sweet deal. :thumb: You need a bench to build a bench anyhow. Did that come with the vice included for that price. You sure seized the moment for a bargain.

Whats that you got pinned down for planning. ?

Happy for you.:):thumb:

Looks great, Tom. If I had the room in my shop, I'd love to add a true bench, and I'd be tempted to go the same route as you. Heck, I can't buy the lumber for a bench for that price.