A couple boxes

Roger Pozzi

Here is a couple boxes I just made.
The first is Bubinga with a green felt lining for my daughter’s 35th birthday. I managed to get enough lumber from some cutoffs I found while searching through some miscellaneous stuff at the yard I frequent.
The other is a smaller momento box for LOML made with quilted maple and walnut. The maple was actually cutoffs from straight line rips at the lumber yard. They were only about 5/4 square with bark still attached.
Both boxes were finished with 2 coats of Formby’s tung oil rubbed in. Finishing is NOT my forte yet but, I am going to keep trying. Also, you can tell, I’m not great at taking pictures either, but I’ll keep trying at that too.
Thanks for looking.
box 001.jpgbox 002.jpgbox 003.jpgbox 004.jpgbox 005.jpgbox 006.jpg

Beauties -- They will love and use them.. someway mark them so when you are gone (long time from now) The Antique road show will know that you made them and when...

looks like you made good use of your cutoffs roger:) how did you line the first box?

I used the adhesive back felt from Rockler. Made templates out of poster board for each side and bottom, then stuck the felt to the templates, then glued them into the box. I was afraid that the glue would probably soak into the material and mess things up,, that's why I just glued them in with templates attached.