Tassy Euc Bowl

neil mackay

I have had this lying around the shop for several years in its roughed out form, twisted, split and decidely oval.
Thought I have better finish it off as it was forever getting in the way falling off shelves. It seemed when I wanted to do something it had to be moved.

Its roughly 7"x 2.5" with a wall thickness of just over an 1/8" to 3/16" on the bottom finished with a couple coats of DO and left matt.

tassy euc bowl 001.jpg tassy euc bowl 003.jpg

Last edited:
Great-looking bowl indeed. :thumb: I can relate to the concept of finishing off pieces that have been in the way for too long. I've been doing some of the same myself this past week.

That is one amazing chunk of wood Neil!! The wall thickness being a tad deceptive with the lighting and what not...I'd put my M&M's in that bowl anytime!

thanks guys for all the positive input

I always have trouble with these flat bowls, it came from what was essentially plank. Too deep for a platter and too shallow for a HV :( :dunno:
I had quite a lot of them and many were given away to pen turners sorta solved my problem. :). As a blank to turn its quite soft and but omewhat prone to tear out especially on internal tight curves