Cherry cabinet

Clark O'Neill

Just finished a cabinet for my brother in law for his vinyl record collection. All solid cherry except for a hidden piece of ply and cherry ply back. The doors are true divided lights with antique glass I ordered from a Chicago supplier. Stained to match his kitchen cabinets and finished with pre-cat lacquer. The lower drawers are for CD's with dividers for three rows each. Fun to do some flatwork for a change.

Sorry to be absent from this forum for a while...no excuse, just busy. I always enjoy the banter and there's always something to learn.

Attachments

• DSC01754.jpg
    DSC01754.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 73
Larry, yes I machined them on my Legacy ornamental mill. Bed is 72" long so it will handle long stuff...more than I need actually. I spent a day sanding each post and blending the transitions with a rasp/file. But fun because you can sit down while doing that.

Robert asks about the antique glass. here's a link to the page showing that glass:
http://www.tglass.com/antique_glass.htm

Let me also add that the experience was a good one. It turned out my granddaughter, who lives in Chicago, was coming home for the weekend. We arranged for her to pick up my order of (8) panes and bring them with her. This was on a Friday evening when everyone wants to get home but the folks at this glass shop had a person stay late so she could hand the package to my granddaughter. They were packaged to survive a direct hit from bolt of lightening as well. Cost was about $105 for these (8) panes cut to my exact dims and they were within 1/16" as promised...actually they were spot on the dims I provided. Plain glass costed out locally was to be about $30 so BIL thought the antique look was worth it...and I agree.