Ben's visit - Part 2 (with an additional bonus visitor)

Ben and Vaughn came over last night. It was great seeing both of them again.

Thank you Vaughn for the the bowl, chunk of mesquite and the bowl blank. I think I am going to have him come over more often.:D

Vaughn also brought a few of his finished pieces. I was so busy admiring his work that I forgot to take pictures.:doh:

There was a rare sighting too. You can see it in the group photo. Yep! that is me, smiling. Well, it was an attempt to smile anyway.

IMG_4057 (Custom).jpgIMG_4056 (Custom).jpgIMG_4058 (Custom).jpgIMG_4062 (Custom).jpgIMG_4061 (Custom).jpgIMG_4060 (Custom).jpgIMG_4059 (Custom).jpgIMG_4064 (Custom).jpgIMG_4065 (Custom).jpgIMG_4063 (Custom).jpg

...Why does it seem like every time someone gets together they think they need to stuff them selfs.:rofl:

If you ever have a chance to eat Mohammad's wife's cooking, you'll understand. ;) Once again, she served up an assortment of great food. (And sent us both home with enough leftovers for another meal or two.) :thumb:

It was great to see Mohammad and Miriam again...thanks again to both of you for the hospitality. And it was a pleasure to meet Ben after knowing him in the virtual world for years...even before the Family Woodworking days. He needs one of those t-shirts that says "As a matter of fact, I am a Rocket Scientist". :D

Very cool one of the best parts about our forum these get togethers. Well done all. Man that food is making me hungry. :)

So Ben what did you think of Vaughns bowl? :D

Mohammad you remind me of my youngest son when it comes to smiling. He battles too. :)

...So Ben what did you think of Vaughns bowl? :D...

Ben is no slouch himself when it comes to woodturning...there was nothing real special about that calabash bowl other than the fact that it was made from a pretty piece of Redwood that Jim Burr gave me some time back. ;)

As soon as I get them taken, I'll post some pics of the few pieces I managed to get done during my stay in LA.

Vaughn, and Mo, it feels so good knowing Ben has family nearby. Glad you all got to meet up [and eat up.]
And thanks to Miriam for putting together such a nice meal.

It was great to finally meet Vaughn and see his work in person. It is some remarkable stuff, great to hear some of his methods as well. And man, Miriam's cooking... and the leftovers too... still got enough for at least another dinner.

I'm glad we were able to steal Vaughn for a night. And I'm sure I'll be seeing more of Mo.

Having tasted Miriam's cooking myself, I would do the same as Vaughn, and take advantatge of savouring it again! ;). These meetings make people realise that behind the a post and a computer screen there are real people that are even better people in reality than they look in the forum, which is already a good sample.