A major minor adjustment

Couple of years ago I had slapped a little room together in the shop for the Mrs to store her craft stuff. Well she got a lot of it moved into the spare room she's using as 'her' shop. The room in my shop was approximately 6'x10', and being as she no longer needed all that room, I got to do a little rearranging :D.
First up was tearing down the walls...
mini-pics 002.jpg pics 002.jpg

Then once I got the remaining storage items all packed onto some shelving, I used the 2x4's & osb to create some doors...
pics 009.jpg

Next was to add some wheels I had lying around to each of the three doors, and dadoed out an upper & lower track...
pics 023.jpg pics 024.jpg

and wah-la...sliding doors, hillbilly style :D
pics 028.jpg pics 026.jpg

Which now allows me enough room to rip 8'rs on both the table saw & the radial arm saw.
Untitled-1.jpg pics 043.jpg

Still have a bunch to do yet, re-position the outlet and switch, re-hang a couple of ceiling florescent lights etc. etc.
The new storage is about 2'x8' so I gained quite a bit, or at least enough for now ;) The mini joiner/TS & the band-saw are on wheels, so when she needs access, it shouldn't be a problem.....Me so happy! :D

Those are some darned clever doors Ken. That gives me an idea for a storage system that could use that same basic idea...:thumb:

You got a good missus and she is on your side. Great story and even better doors. Nothing hillbilly about them.

I think you should make a article and send them to a few of the magazines for tips. You may just win one of the tips of the month contests they have and then be published and who knows what you will get. I think thats an ingenius design for doors and use for some wheels.

Hey add pegboard to one of them on the outside and you can get some more hanging space. Thinking of those blades you got hanging.

Kudos to you Ken. :thumb: Send them in.....Wood Magazine, Shop Notes, even Fine Woodworking and American Woodworker. Go for it.

Its beautiful. The one endearing feature of doors on shop cabinets is that they look so good closed :rofl:. Seriously Ken, that came out great!