Hello from Ontario Canada

Brad Boyes

Hello,

I joined a little while ago. I wanted to take a look around before introducing myself. I am fairly new at woodworking. I started when I was 11 and went at it intermittently for the last 35 years. I finally have a shop to use all the tools I have collected.

I am just starting in turning. I purchased a new scratch & dent Steel City Midi lathe that is about 12 inches shorter than original. The stone bed was damaged in shipping. I will be asking lots of questions once I get my grinding jigs done so I can sharpen my chisels.

One thing I like about this site that has caused my to leave another site is your lack of tool/company bashing. It seems prominent at another popular site and has really frustrated me as I am not there to listen to someone who knows nothing about the tool they are bashing other than the name. I hope this site stays free from that.

Welcome to the family Brad good to have another Canadian join we need to increase the numbers here. :)

We a pretty civil bunch if you check out the COC you will see we member operated and democratic no commercial biases here.
Hope you find the place to your liking. Plenty of spinny guys here.
Perhaps you want to do a shop tour and show us your shop. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Welsome aboard, Brad!
You're the first Ontario member,
Hi Roger; :wave:Not quite! Last time I looked St. Catharines was in Ontario, Rob Keeble in the GTA, Art Mulder in London, I'm in Brooklin near Whitby.

Actually by doing an Advanced Search of the members list, you will find there are 55 members that show their location as Ontario!
:D

While I'm at it, Welcome Brad!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the welcomes. I am near Kitchener, Ontario. Between Kitchener and Stratford to be exact.

I will get some pics of my shop shortly. I am trying to find a wide angle macro lens so I can get it in one shot. It is rather small. lol. Just doing to re-arranging and setting up my lathe. As soon as that is done I will post the pics.

Brad