Time for a Lazy Pet Thread

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
It's about time for another pet thread, so I'll start this one. Show me pics of your lazy dog. :D Or cat, if you'd rather.

Here's my submission, Dakota in a couple recent pics. These two old sofas are considered dog furniture, although we allow guests to sit there too. :p

Couch Dog 1T 800.jpg Couch Dog 2T 800.jpg

Dakota's the bigger of our two dogs. He's tall enough I can pet his back without bending (and I'm about 6' 2"). He can stretch out pretty long and lanky, or curl up in amazingly small spots. He belonged to LOML before we lived together, but he's definitely adopted me as his dad and best buddy. My dog Sasha, OTOH, is now always hanging out with my wife. Must be a girl thing. :rolleyes:

I will get two at one time. This is Chester and Smokey. Chester is (best guess) a Lab or Golden retriever/Chow mix. He was rescued from the streets. LOVES kids and LOVES to play. He was hanging out around the Elementary School with the kids. He was about to go the Pound when we heard about him. He is one of the smartest and most obedient dogs I have ever had and I have had some good ones.

Doesn't really qualify as lazy. If you remember the Bugs Bunny cartoons, there was one that featured a Bulldog named Ralph. He had a very small side kick that was always jumping around and very hyper named Chester. Thats where I got the name. It suits him to a Tee! He is middle aged now and slowed down some but far from Lazy. When we drive up he grabs one of the many balls in the yard he has stolen and just waits for us to come out and play with him. :thumb:

Smokey is lazy. But he is 12 or 13 now so he is an Old Man. Loves to sleep on the dogs and they hate it but tolerate him. He came to live with us for a couple of months and that was 12 years ago. :rolleyes: All the strays end up with us.

I can't remember all the animals we have nursed to health and found good homes. I really believe God sends them here because he knows we will take care of them and find them homes.

Attachments

• chester-smokey.jpg
    chester-smokey.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 55
Katnap

Well, he aint purrrfect ...... but we love'em anyway. :p

Attachments

• drunkcat.jpg
    drunkcat.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
One Sunday afternoon last winter and the wife wasn't feeling well. Came in from the shop and was able to get this shot. We named him Beamer. Rescued from the Humane Society. Great choclate lab, very smart. Also getting to fat:rolleyes: :dunno:

Chuck

Attachments

• Beamer 16 (576 x 432).jpg
    Beamer 16 (576 x 432).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 68
You asked for it!

spencemay074.jpg

spencemay058.jpg

spencemay034.jpg

petiemazie1-7-05b.jpg

They all have lazy down to a science!

Here's our construction supervisor, hard at work when we were stacking bales.

Last edited:
First - here's some lazy pet pics of friends who are no longer with us.
Sugar and Callie (in the window soaking up some sun.)
Sugar-Callie3.jpg

Missy (my sisters dog) and Sugar
Sugar2.jpg

Now for the current crop of pets.
Ooops. Guess I haven't taken any pics of the present pets snoozing. So maybe I belong in the Lazy Pet Owners thread?

Lazy Dogs

Here are my two ADT rescues. And they think they have it hard.
Marty

Attachments

• 03_23.jpg
    03_23.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_0665_0001.jpg
    100_0665_0001.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 01_25.jpg
    01_25.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 22
You asked for some pics of our dogs. This is NOT to suggest I think my wife is a dog!! She just happened to be part of the pack that day.

Attachments

• dogs.jpg
    dogs.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 50
Not lazy, but....

Back on February 3rd, we had our two kittens professionally photographed. It was a Christmas present from our daughter. In all, we had over 90 proofs to dig through and select 6 for final pictures.

The first two are of Tex, our Bengal kitten. The Bengal breed originates from crossing an Asian Leopard Cat with a domestic cat, an Abyssinian I think.

IMG_3427.jpg IMG_3443.jpg

The next two are of Travis, our Abyssinian kitten, a cat that some people claim descended from the ancient Egyptian cats. He the most inquisitive animal I have ever seen. It seems he is always on the go and getting into something.

IMG_3468.jpg IMG_3480.jpg

And lastly, one of the two of them. Notice the eye color....

IMG_3494.jpg

Our little mutt from the shelter - Petey. He is a good sleeper as long as the dishwasher isn't running - we have no idea why.:dunno:

Wes

Attachments

• petey 3.JPG
    petey 3.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 21
  • petey 4.JPG
    petey 4.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 19
  • petey 2.JPG
    petey 2.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 23
Ken, Tex looks absolutely cool. I've always thought housecat with leopard spots would be neat. I see now that it is. ;)

My daughter's hamster, dude sleeps all day and at night just eats. Here is rare footage of the critter awake.

Attachments

• ophilia2_20070307.jpg
    ophilia2_20070307.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 19