turkey pot

Very nice John whats involved with tuning it for guys like me that aint ever had a turkey pot or been turkey hunting.

Whats beneath the glass ? Is that something you buy as an insert? Or can it be made from some material or other.

Lovely wood. :thumb: What do you use to scratch it with i would have thought that was a spinny attachment too.:)

First you had me going with the strikers and now a turkey pot :eek: I was hoping for a recipe for deep fried turkey :rofl:

Seriously, another beautiful job on something I have no clue as how to use.

Here's how I do it. It's not my idea it's just the way that I thought would be easiest for me. I'm sure there are a hundred other was to skin the cat so to speak.

I start by roughing out a 4 inch circle with the BS. I then drill a 5/16 inch hole in the middle. I then mount it to a chuck I made IMAG0438.jpg and turn it round. After I turn it round I take it off and use one of these jigs to mark where to drill the holes in the bottom. One is for 8 holes the other is for 6. IMAG0440.jpgIMAG0439.jpg

Then at the DP I drill the holes down to approx. the depth of the cutter on a forstner bit. I then mount it back on the chuck and use the parting tool to hollow out the inside. There's a pedestal with the center hollowed out that a sound board is glued onto. It can be made of several different things. I used glass that I painted camo green. It's from 1/16 to 1/8th from the top.

I bought the top and sound board online. The top is 3.5" and the sound board is 3". They use an abrasive to scuff up the top, it can be sandpaper, drywall screen, scotch bright pads etc. When its right it sounds just like an ol' hen wanting some lovin! I'm going to give it to him this weekend to see what he thinks. It's a little over an inch thick. I think I'll make another out of walnut that'll be 3/4" thick to see how much the sound changes.