Garrett Hack's Demilune Table Class

looks like another great week bill.. saw his scratch stock setup previously and is on my to do list but this summer doesnt seem to be a good one to get things like that done.. you have one more week right?

looks like another great week bill.. saw his scratch stock setup previously and is on my to do list but this summer doesnt seem to be a good one to get things like that done.. you have one more week right?

Yes, another week. This coming week will be all about mortises and tenons. The mortises for the back apron will be straight and the mortises for the front apron will be offset, but I am getting ahead of myself.

I saw your thread asking about a router setup for a curved bead. I am with Carol and still believe the fastest way is with scratch stock. You could build the beader in less than half a day. I will take some close pictures and dimensions of his set-up and of mine. I duplicated his block in Alder. I will also show his beader profiles.

:eek::eek: POWER TOOL ALERT .......Whaaaaat Bill??????? power tool in a hand tool class. :huh: .............Is there a refund for that part of the lesson:whistling:? :rofl::wave: Thats here HERESY no? Someone has surey got to be strapped to the bench and be given 10 lashes for that.......oops

I thought thats what chisels and costly router handplanes were for no ? Ok before you throw a chisel all the way to the east cost and get me in the chest i am only kidding.:)

Now let this hand and power tool brother of the modern woodworking fraternity give you some friendly advice " a nice tool to have done that with would be ta da...a small hand held bosch router with a custom light in the base to see where the line is.:welcome: ;)

:rolleyes:router base with light on.jpg Here you go Bill.......just for you only $79 bucks and i think its a bargain when you consider this alternative weighing in at double the cost.

I would even be happy to make you and ship you free one of my fancy modern day low power well lit bases for it should you decide to take the leap of acquisition. :)

Now you know what friends are for to guide you through the dark ages into the light of modern process when its needed. :):D:thumb::rofl: Even your tutor knows this. Heck he knows how long it would take without "THE POWER" or should we call it the EMF FORCE. ;):hide: