hooray It RAINED

larry merlau

we are down a 1.5" on the rain for this month, and we are way above on over 90 degree days and way above on 100 degree days for this time of year.. so we are dancing in the rain...yahoo:)

i was starting to get pretty smelly the lack of rain put my showering on hold for to long:) as soon as it started i got out and scrubbed off the layers since the last rain came wasnt sure i was gonna come clean but i did.. so i am now all clean and refreshed:)

Congrats! I sure wish we'd get a little moisture, but at this point in the drought, it wouldn't help much. Just hoping we get a lot of snow and rain this winter.

i was starting to get pretty smelly the lack of rain put my showering on hold for to long:) as soon as it started i got out and scrubbed off the layers since the last rain came wasnt sure i was gonna come clean but i did.. so i am now all clean and refreshed:)

THANK GOODNESS!!! it would be a long smelly drive tomorrow...:p now I will have to mow my yard for the first time in a month or so:)

We got a nice shower this morning too. I was getting about an inch gap between the ground and foundation (crawl space). I spent most of last night running sprinklers around the foundation of the house.

I love the rain, sometimes.

last night we got hit with some pretty heavy downpours. nice. no blackouts, so all is well.

then theres today.

I checked the local weather, nothing called for today.

I ran over to a local lumber yard, needed one piece of cherry plywood, fell short a foot, but figured its always good to have around.

as soon as I drove away from the lumber yard, it came down.

I live 4 minutes from the lumber yard.

by the time I got home, the rain had stopped. It only rained for 2 minutes, and in that 2 minutes, my sheet has alot of water streaks on it, and I hope it dries well. I wiped it down.

amazing timing.

That being the case, I guess we should all hope for rain somewhere around September 6th or 7th so you'll be sweet-smelling for the get-together! :rofl:

BTW, your rain finally made it down this way. It started about an hour ago, and we got nearly 2 inches in the first 45 minutes. Seems to be tapering off, now...

We need water too.

Last 2 days there has been a lot of rain but the rain line either has just passed north of us or just passed south. By just a mile or two :bang::mad:

Parts of my lawn are pretty crunchy and the garden is on rationing.

I'm just waiting for my well to start spitting air instead of water again:(

Our last good rain was June 23rd and that was only 1/2 inch. Rained yesterday and I measured about 1 1/4"..........between drops :( Our daily high temps have been 98-100 and the 10 day forecast doesn't promise any improvement. State wide all irrigation from rivers for farm crops has been curtailed. Looks pretty grim for the local economy, and I'm on the east end of the state where things are in better shape.

I heard this morning that 61% of the entire country was experiencing drought conditions. :eek: Not a good thing, folks.

Yup... and those NYC'ers are complaining....

Here in the Heartland it's officially the driest year on record (so far), we've had 0.10 inches so far this July and since April 1st, have gotten 30-40% of the normal rainfall during that period... most areas got 6-7 inches while normally expecting 16 or so. We've had 13 inches total this calendar. Of the 6-7 areas around me got, a good half of it was single 3" 2-day 'rain event' in very early June.

I have not mowed my front yard in 4 weeks and have not mowed my back yard in 6 weeks. Neither needs it... most of the back yard is dead. Not dormant. Turned yellow, then white, dead. Large parts of the front yard are starting to go dormant, even though I'm watering every other day. Perhaps I'm over-watering, but daily highs have been over 90, mostly over 95 for the past 6 weeks. It's 99 right now and will be over 100 for the next 3-4 days. When I go out in the mornings, the grass is dry, as is the dirt...

I'd hate to be a farmer right now.

well its sticky out there today and i got total of 1.25" i was told in rain fall last night..and jim i do have access to a lake now that i can wash off some of the crude before the gathering:)

it did it again:) we just got another nice shower it hasnt forgot how already:)

Last edited:
Yup... and those NYC'ers are complaining....

Here in the Heartland it's officially the driest year on record (so far), we've had 0.10 inches so far this July and since April 1st, have gotten 30-40% of the normal rainfall during that period... most areas got 6-7 inches while normally expecting 16 or so. We've had 13 inches total this calendar. Of the 6-7 areas around me got, a good half of it was single 3" 2-day 'rain event' in very early June.

I have not mowed my front yard in 4 weeks and have not mowed my back yard in 6 weeks. Neither needs it... most of the back yard is dead. Not dormant. Turned yellow, then white, dead. Large parts of the front yard are starting to go dormant, even though I'm watering every other day. Perhaps I'm over-watering, but daily highs have been over 90, mostly over 95 for the past 6 weeks. It's 99 right now and will be over 100 for the next 3-4 days. When I go out in the mornings, the grass is dry, as is the dirt...

I'd hate to be a farmer right now.

they complain about everything.those nyc people