SOLD.......FREEDOM

Bill go west young man is an option. Hence us renting. We going to look around before we settle again and do it properly.

But BC is very very out.

Cowboys belong under the rockies skies. :D;):thumb: The place i would love to be is Banff.....then we would be talking.

Banff? you think Toronto is crowded and expensive? Good luck in Banff :thud: Calgary is pretty nuts also, from what I understand.

As for "Rockies Skies"... take a look at Google Maps with the Terrain Option...

Plenty of mountains on both sides of the BC/Alberta border. :thumb:
And FYI, Victoria is nowhere near as wet as Vancouver. At one point I was trying to persuade LOML to move there. ;)

Of course you know the real way to pick a place is to pull up the map of all the LVT store locations and go from there... :rolleyes::rofl:

...art

And FYI, Victoria is nowhere near as wet as Vancouver. At one point I was trying to persuade LOML to move there. ;)

I kind of like the central valley on the island even better, the areas around Port Alberni and north up that valley a little. From Duncan over to Cowchan isn't bad either. Both are kind of in the rain shadow of the island hills and far enough out that the clouds that pile up on the big mountains on the mainland aren't really over you.

The Kelowna over to Ashcroft down to Merrit and up past Kamloops through Salmon Arm is definite cow country, some big ranches in that area. Straight over to the Fraser and then north along it is some good ranch country as well, although some of it doesn't have a lot of outside contact :D

here is where I lived the first 8 years of my life (and then summers until I was 16).. We had a chunk of range (leased crown land) a ways up the mountain to the West that was around 10x10 miles square to run the cattle on.

Of course you know the real way to pick a place is to pull up the map of all the LVT store locations and go from there... :rolleyes::rofl:

My pocketbook says that thats a horrible idea. My shop OTOH loves it.

That was fast, but I'm not surprised, the pics of the house looked great.

Renting for a year before buying our current house was quite an experience for us. Rentals at the time were dirt cheap, got a really good deal on the place we rented. Had a great location, trash pickup service daily, and didn't have to touch a snow shovel all winter. When something was not working, we called and they fixed it that day. After a year of doing it you kinda regret the money you didn't invest, but there is something to be said for all the extra time we had not having to mow and working on a fix-it list. We spent about every other weekend driving around different areas of town and exploring.

The hard part was having to be out of our house in 10 days and then living out of 3 storage units for a year. Be sure to label boxes well and keep an inventory list of where things get put. One of the smarter things we did was getting one of those pods for moving the stuff we knew was going to the apartment. They dropped it on the drive way, we packed it to the gills, then had it taken to the new place. We packed most of the furniture in it, so had very little distance to move much of it. We hired a friends sons to move the furniture, so made things go a lot easier.

That was fast, but I'm not surprised, the pics of the house looked great.

Renting for a year before buying our current house was quite an experience for us. Rentals at the time were dirt cheap, got a really good deal on the place we rented. Had a great location, trash pickup service daily, and didn't have to touch a snow shovel all winter. When something was not working, we called and they fixed it that day. After a year of doing it you kinda regret the money you didn't invest, but there is something to be said for all the extra time we had not having to mow and working on a fix-it list. We spent about every other weekend driving around different areas of town and exploring.

The hard part was having to be out of our house in 10 days and then living out of 3 storage units for a year. Be sure to label boxes well and keep an inventory list of where things get put. One of the smarter things we did was getting one of those pods for moving the stuff we knew was going to the apartment. They dropped it on the drive way, we packed it to the gills, then had it taken to the new place. We packed most of the furniture in it, so had very little distance to move much of it. We hired a friends sons to move the furniture, so made things go a lot easier.

I'll second that suggestion... on one of my moves from Houston to Dallas, we had a moving company come in to do the move... they sent packers out to pack, but the movers got there before the packers were done and were loading boxes as they were being packed... the packers just moved stuff to the garage to pack and a lot of boxes got labeled "Garage - Misc"..:huh:.. we found the frying pans, part of our dishes and who knows what else in boxes labeled "garage - misc"... :huh::huh:

I worked for another division of the moving company, so wasn't much I could do about it and my complaint was met with an attitude of "so - what do you expect for a free move"

Last edited: