Birthday Presents

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Well today I went and picked up my birthday present.

IMAG1054.jpg IMAG1060.jpg

HF didn't have any of the gates or hose, so I ran to woodcraft to do some browsing and also pick up two gates, a reducer for the shop vac hose, and a joiner connector (for the TS Cabinet). They also only had 3' sections of 4" hose, so just going to get some on-line from somewhere. PennState has some 50' sections, which should be way more than enough.
IMAG1055.jpg

HF also had a sale on casters and 10" wheels, so grabbed some. Need to make a shop cart and weld up a dolly for my gas/welding tanks.
IMAG1056.jpg

With pneumatic tires for your cylinder cart, please insure that it can't fall over if one tire goes flat. Cylinders are protected in storage from their steel caps, but with regulators on, very dangerous if the cart can tip. Any carts we build in the shop for cylinders are solid/hard rubber tires. The larger diameter/taller ones make it easier going off road with them. Just wanted to say.

With pneumatic tires for your cylinder cart, please insure that it can't fall over if one tire goes flat. Cylinders are protected in storage from their steel caps, but with regulators on, very dangerous if the cart can tip. Any carts we build in the shop for cylinders are solid/hard rubber tires. The larger diameter/taller ones make it easier going off road with them. Just wanted to say.

Great tip Jon, It never crossed my mind :thumb:

I love happy birthday to me presents. Congrats Darren :thumb:

Instead of hose, 4" drain pipe is cheaper to bridge a long distance

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Hmm...good point Jon. Probably wouldn't have weight on the tires unless moving, may have to find another use anyway for them and ft solid tires...thanks.

Instead of hose, 4" drain pipe is cheaper to bridge a long distance

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah was going to do pvc for the majority,but flex to the tool, guess the 3' pieces at woodcraft would have worked

Darren VIA tapatalk

Congrats. Just a word on the 50' lengths of hose form Penn State; very lightweight. Under load the stuff tries to compress to its shortest length; snaps up like a guitar string between the nearest hard duct point and the tool. Not always a problem but, requires a little forethought to keep from knocking things over ;-) I've moved to the heavier clear stuff with a wire helix for the short runs from my reduction point/gate to the tool. You will love having something that grabs all that spoil that used to end up all over. Have fun.