18th Century Design Question

another double yes,, but if there was to be some veneered panels with some special wood like a walnut burl i can see some burl on the additional pieces to bring the eye to the special stuff.. i have some east lake furniture old stuff and they done things like that back in there time..

Thankee, gentlemen.

I'll see if I can figure out how you make that piece in SketchUp. ;) Actually the feet were really a walk in the park and look harder than they are.

After 20 years of careful study (NOT) and dozens of years of hands on appraisals (NOT) in my expert opinion (NOT) i agree with what has been said. :rofl::rofl:

I love the flutes and for me i would put dentil molding along the top it always seems to go well with flutes, as to whether it fits the period that i have absolutely no clue. I am a design philistine and an expert at being one. :rofl:

I was really hoping to get comments from our members for whom this design style would be considered "contemporary." :D

Thanks Rob for the thoughts. I think I'll leave the teeth off, though. This piece is going to get fancified inside with some gold leaf and I like Larry's idea of the burl. I'll have to see if I can get the guy who is going to build it to go for it.