WIP

This is a piece i said something about in my last post.As you can tell i'm no where close to being done,but thought i'd show what i get done so far.If you have any suggestions on this please let me know, as not sure where to go from here. Still need to carve in the doors and windows, and i'll be putting in some round timbers over the doors. Like the pencil marks show. Thanks as always.003 [800x600].JPG

Man, some people will do anything to keep from having thin walls on a hollow form. :rolleyes: :D

This is gonna be awesome when you're done, Steve. :thumb: Great idea, and I have tons of faith in your ability to pull it off.

By the way, the timbers over the doors that you're talking about are called vigas.

Fantastic Steve! I'll pile on here as well and tell you to quit the day job go turn full time! :thumb: (maybe after you find some galleries to sell your stuff, but at least get your pieces out there to make some mad money!)

Man you aint just a spinny guy you a real creative artist. I second the do it for a living vote. Any chance of a globe being hung inside to illuminate the sides once you done. Could make it a great base for a lamp. There i go again turnig art into a utilitarian piece. :(

Being a carver myself I can't but admire your work. You asked for suggestions. Allright here you have one. On this front side you carved the buildings and whatever motive you want in the foreground. On the other side of the bowl you carve the background, trees with animals for instance, to bee seen from this same side. That will add a great depth to the scene. Moreover, once finished you will be able to look at it from the other side or in 3/4 view and see how the view changes. It would be as looking to a wooden hologram if you know what I mean.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to carve from inside the bowl to see the scene from only one view point but rather from any point around, so there must be some empty space in between the figures what ever they may be to allow to see part of what is carved on the other side.

That effect could be enhanced by putting a spot light on the mouth of the bowl on in the bottom to illuminate the interior, and if that light is of a different colour you can get great visual effects or so I think. Dunno...

now we are really in trouble a Spanish conquistador decides to visit the Americas and is contemplating reinventing the light shade threw our own local hillbilly..:) life is GRAND when folk work together towards a cause:):thumb:

Being a carver myself I can't but admire your work. You asked for suggestions. Allright here you have one. On this front side you carved the buildings and whatever motive you want in the foreground. On the other side of the bowl you carve the background, trees with animals for instance, to bee seen from this same side. That will add a great depth to the scene. Moreover, once finished you will be able to look at it from the other side or in 3/4 view and see how the view changes. It would be as looking to a wooden hologram if you know what I mean.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to carve from inside the bowl to see the scene from only one view point but rather from any point around, so there must be some empty space in between the figures what ever they may be to allow to see part of what is carved on the other side.

That effect could be enhanced by putting a spot light on the mouth of the bowl on in the bottom to illuminate the interior, and if that light is of a different colour you can get great visual effects or so I think. Dunno...

Hmm very cool idea... you could do two scenes. The cliff houses overlooking the trees from one side and the cliff houses seen through the trees from the other.