Its not only California that has eye Candy Glenn you need to pay a visit to Canada :)

Rob Keeble

What is life without a little friendly neighborly rivalry.

Well this is not Pennsic wars but i thought a bit of something to take your mind and eyes off the Olympics and sports or Pennsic Wars :) was in order.

So last week i took a quick detour on my outing and snapped some pics of my local lumber yard.

The place changed owners in December and boy you can see the difference.

So eat your heart out Glenn and bring the pickup. :D:rofl:

Here are loads of pics of some of the sections of this place.

They do the following

1) Huge selection of both local and foreign lumber
2) Turning section with blanks for pens bowls and burls
3) Slabs of all sorts from boules to just one off to custom glue ups all sanded and cut to size
4) For hobbyists a huge shorts section with loads of stock to sift through and not just local either.
5) For contractors they do clear pine for moulding, pine tong and groove for flooring etc and pine beams in cant form.
6) They stock natural thick cut slabs of all sorts i tried to snap a selection.
7) They make pallets and have a machine shop i tried to snap only one of their planers :)
8) Last but not least they have a stock of Ipe Cedar and Pressure treated lumber for decking boys.

So if ever there was a one stop shop lumber shop this is it.

Oh and they dont mind cutting off a foot or two if the piece is over 8ft long.

I got my eye on a Padauk slab from the boule cut that i showed before at the time of the Lie Neilson tool even taking place there. I got a price this time and the one i show in these pics is $240 which i dont think is bad at all for an 8 ft x 2 ft by 5/4 slab of padauk. Problem is what to do with it. :) I just feel this is one of those things one needs to grab while the going is good and hold onto it.

If anyone wants thick wood this is THE place. as you can see from a few quick cell phone happy snaps.

I only had a few minutes to spare to get around the place so forgive the pics etc just wanted to do some bragging of what we have in the great white (hot) north. :) :wave:

Walnut slab.jpgshorts 11.jpgshorts5.jpgspecial orders.jpgsplated made up slab and cherry live edge slab.jpgthe good stuff 2.jpgthe good stuff long thick and wide.jpgthick interesting secrets hidden inside and fancy.jpgWalnut pure walnut thick stuff.jpgshorts 10.jpg

Hmmmm. I'll have to go there one day.I've been buying my wood at the Wood Shed in Smithville. Their prices are good and they have a number of exotics. like the Peruvian Walnut I just made into cutting boards, and the purpleheart I'm going to use to make a piece of furniture for my daughter. I also get local ash, sassafras, maple, cherry and oak there. thanks for the peek.

Hmmmm. I'll have to go there one day.I've been buying my wood at the Wood Shed in Smithville. Their prices are good and they have a number of exotics. like the Peruvian Walnut I just made into cutting boards, and the purpleheart I'm going to use to make a piece of furniture for my daughter. I also get local ash, sassafras, maple, cherry and oak there. thanks for the peek.

Roger stick to your guy in Smithville. I looked him up on the web and his prices were better for the same thing. If you ever want a special piece then yeah it would be worth the visit but i find they aint cheap even for their shorts.

I'd like to raid his burl stash late some night, but by the time I factor in gas and lodging, it'd still be out of my budget. :D