Tractor Forum / Pricing Help

Kevin Brown

I know there are some tractor people on here, so I'm going to ask for some help.

I have a Case IH 1140 compact tractor with 262 hours on it that I want to put up for sale, but have know idea what it's worth or what I should ask for it. It's a pretty basic model I think, turf tires, manual shift, NON 4wd. I'm selling because I just bought a Kubota L5030 FEL <---GLOAT!:thumb:

I've been reading tractorbynet.com off and on for quite a while, so I tried to sign-up there to ask this question, but it's been almost a week and still have not been cleared to post there :huh:

So if anyone has a suggestion as to pricing or where to go to ask, I would appreciate it!

Used tractors aren't worht anything when you are trying to sell them. But they are very costly when buying. DAMHIK
Currently trying to sell a Massey-Harris 44D-RC with Sidewinder brush hog.

I think there are a pile of us Family Woodworkers on www.mytractorforum.com. In fact I think John Deere Addict (on that site) gave me the link to this site. Its great.

By the way I got a Kubota myself and just love it.

Windy_Tractor-small2.jpg

I think there are a pile of us Family Woodworkers on www.mytractorforum.com. In fact I think John Deere Addict (on that site) gave me the link to this site. Its great.

By the way I got a Kubota myself and just love it.

Windy_Tractor-small2.jpg

Oh great, another forum that I would like! ie mytractorforum.com

I have a TC33 (33hp diesel) Boomer New Holland and love it. No, its not a JD and the difference in price allows me to buy a new MM tool on monday. ;)

Joe

Oh great, another forum that I would like! ie mytractorforum.com

I have a TC33 (33hp diesel) Boomer New Holland and love it. No, its not a JD and the difference in price allows me to buy a new MM tool on monday. ;)

Joe

Actually, for years, the John Deere WAS the New Holland with a green paint job. A local fellow who was a dealer said, that at one point, Deere suddenly broke the contract with NH and they were left with many thousands of finished green tractors. It's hard to say who makes what anymore. A farm tractor might have parts from half a dozen different countries in them.

Good advice already given on a tractor forum for the question you are asking..folks over on my tractor forum are friendly but most of all helpfull.

For the antique tractor crowd, there is another forum I frequent.
http://antiquetractorsforum.com/index.php?sid=547041a067eb4ed8b6ae51325d1492e2

Frank, you sure ya wanna hook up to a deere?:D

Not that'un! :eek:
But, when I first got my Massey, guys who do a lot of pulling were encouraging me to enter in the local pulling competitions. No way for me. Because:
1] I'm chicken
2] I'm careful with my tools/equipment and this was my daily use tractor, didn't want to risk tearing it up.
3] I'm chicken. Oh, well. :eek:

Actually, for years, the John Deere WAS the New Holland with a green paint job. A local fellow who was a dealer said, that at one point, Deere suddenly broke the contract with NH and they were left with many thousands of finished green tractors.

Uh...never heard that before... Frank, can you ask the guy what years this was supposed to have happened? :huh:

Not that'un! :eek:
But, when I first got my Massey, guys who do a lot of pulling were encouraging me to enter in the local pulling competitions. No way for me. Because:
1] I'm chicken
2] I'm careful with my tools/equipment and this was my daily use tractor, didn't want to risk tearing it up.
3] I'm chicken. Oh, well. :eek:

Frank, this is me in 1982 on my 5020 John Deere pulling at the State Fair....took third, loaded her back on the semi went home and tilled ground....didn't tear up a thing...go try it once, you more than likely won't hurt a thing.

Attachments

• pullin.jpg
    pullin.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 20
Uh...never heard that before... Frank, can you ask the guy what years this was supposed to have happened? :huh:

Nest time I see him, I'll ask. My understanding is fairly recent years. He gave a very interesting discourse on the history of tractor manufacture. Ford made some NHs, then NH sold to Ford, the NH bought Ford (tractor division). But parts for all U.S. tractors come from all over. Italy, Checlosovacia, Japan, China, Russia, India, etc.,etc. A scorecard is needed to keep them straight. The Mahindra, sold under many names, is an India company but the tractors are Japan manufacture. Go figger.

Frank, this is me in 1982 on my 5020 John Deere pulling at the State Fair....took third, loaded her back on the semi went home and tilled ground....didn't tear up a thing...go try it once, you more than likely won't hurt a thing.

Neat. Sold my cattle and sale on land will close in a couple weeks. Have a potential buyer coming to look at the tractor tomorrow. Now, I ride a Craftsman lawn tractor. Good news, I guess ;) , is that it is green.
For sentiment sake, me on the Massey-Harris below.

Attachments

• tractor 1996-1.jpg
    tractor 1996-1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 20