Friday 8/3 Edition

Well August is here already. Heat is coming for sure now. So what is going on in your neighborhood?

I am waiting on the footer fixers to get finished up and start back moving furniture in the basement. Shop time to build a quick project.

Some more planing for the gathering with my bud tonight:thumb: and I think I have some new shutters to put on the house. OH and since we have had rain, I have to mow my yard for the 2nd time in 2 months:p

Dinner with my wife tonight, then some pool time. Have some errands to run in the morning, then I have a new rifle, so heading to the range for the afternoon. Sunday we're planning on going bath tub and tile shopping. May start some demo on the bath if all goes well.

Heading out with some friends tonight to try and ease their stress. They have a restaurant that was booming and now suddenly isn't doing well. Luckily, they have been smart and are fine for now, but the unknown is hitting them hard...Hopefully we can get them out of the dumps and get them laughing.

Tomorrow LOML heads off for a day/night with friends over in IA City for a birthday celebration. That means I'm playing the part of single dad. The plan is to suprise LOML with the youngin finally mastering riding a bike. The youngin is excited and a bit afraid at the same time, but I think we can get er done. A promise of lots of ice cream once complete doesn't hurt! :D

Should be a great weekend. Decided to start brewing again, so getting my brewery gear out of storage so I can sort through it and clean it up.

Bob had sprung a leak in his control valve, and I knew he needed a few other things done, So I dropped him off at the dealer a couple of weeks ago. Got the call that he's ready to be picked up, so I will probably be doing some driveway repair, fire break maintenance this weekend as well.

And to top it all off, I've finalized my design for some flag display boxes and all the router bits I need have arrived, so I'll work on a poplar prototype before I actually commit to making them out of the 'expensive' wood.

Well, I'm having a really lazy day today, for some reason!?!?! Orders from SWMBO! Tonight, she's taking me to Ruby Tuesday for my FREE birthday burger. Yum!!!

Saturday will include a little shop time while LOML is doing breakfast and yard sales with a neighbor and her daughter.

Sunday will be the usual brunch, NASCAR, then throw something on the grill for dinner.

just had a very satisfying experience with my spray gun, think I finally figured it out, lacquer went on even and like a sheet of glass. could get used to using spray guns for my finishing.

too hot to do much more today, leaving the ac on in the garage to keep the humidity out so I can spray, but by 3-4, I know the temps will be too hot to much else.

one of the nieces birthday celebration tonight, they want us to go to a place called buffalo wings, guess its just wings and burgers, but not sure if I want to sit in horrible, the worst on this planet, hamptons, east end li island weekend traffic since its out east, and around 5 or so traffic will be at a standstill.

Getting insulation blown into the shop attic today and going shopping for AC tomorrow and the boys are moving the last of the lumber from the storage shed at the old house today and with any luck should be closing on the house in town and will NEVER have to go back there again GOOD BY NORTH NEIGHBOR :woot::bliss:

Getting insulation blown into the shop attic today and going shopping for AC tomorrow and the boys are moving the last of the lumber from the storage shed at the old house today and with any luck should be closing on the house in town and will NEVER have to go back there again GOOD BY NORTH NEIGHBOR :woot::bliss:

Wooopeeeee!! Congrats! :thumb:

Going to a baseball game tonight with a bunch of family. It's the Albuquerque Isotopes vs. the Las Vegas 51s. As long as we don't see atomic explosions or alien beings, it should be a good game. :rofl:

The rest of the weekend is still up in the air, which means I don't have anything real important to do. I suspect some extra sleep will be involved ;)

Have to make a small extension to the front porch, but that`s construction, not woodworking. :p Hoping to sneakily start work on a portable lectern, and some bandsaw projects. It took me over an hour to change bandsaw blades last night. Have to improve on that... :rolleyes:

Congrats Jay :congrats:

Saturday just some shop time. Like Ken I've been piddeling around making stuff for the shop. My wife decided that she wants me to start on the cherry shaker hutch I've been promising to build so I've got to figure how much rough cherry I'll need to buy.

Sunday is supposed to be really hot and humid. Naturally that's the day we decided to have a 3rd birthday party for my grand daughter. 6 kids and their spouses plus 12 grandkids and 4 or 5 dogs running around. I need a few cold one after hours on the grill:bonkers:

This weekend is another sale day at the local Farmer's Market... hoping it doesn't rain, or at least not too much... last time we did the downtown market, it waited until I was packed and brought the truck around before the skies opened up... had to drive home in wet underwear again... tomorrow calls for a 70% chance of rain... maybe we'll get the same 70% we had today... 5 minutes of down pour and then sunshine.

Spent most of the day in Emergency at the hospital.

Myrna fell and hit her head. She woke up and asked, "What am I doing down here?"

She had a concussion. She got her head glued back together. Apparently no permanent damage so everything is OK.

The reason for the long time at the Emergency was because of an accident that involved several head injuries. Those poor people triaged ahead of Myrna.

Guess that is enough excitement for today.

Enjoy,

JimB

Glad everything worked out to the good, but sorry to hear about the accident...

Spent most of the day in Emergency at the hospital.

Myrna fell and hit her head. She woke up and asked, "What am I doing down here?"

She had a concussion. She got her head glued back together. Apparently no permanent damage so everything is OK.

The reason for the long time at the Emergency was because of an accident that involved several head injuries. Those poor people triaged ahead of Myrna.

Guess that is enough excitement for today.

Enjoy,

JimB