Rear View Camera for Bob

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
I really don't mean to turn this into an all Bobcat off topic discussion forum, but just thought I'd share this little mod I did this afternoon to Bob.

I bought a little rear view camera/monitor system off of ebay for about 70$. The camera is waterproof, not sure about the monitor, but I really don't think it will get wet where I mounted it anyway.

Camera mounted on the back. I think it's meant to attach to your license plate bolts. I drilled and tapped a couple of 1/4-20 holes and just mounted it.
FWW-6679.jpg

Monitor mounted inside
FWW-6681.jpg

And my lovely demonstration model
FWW-6684.jpg

thats a slick idea brent, and you should tell bobcat about it and get some royalties for it

I got the idea from a skid steer forum. I bet it's probably an option on some of there newer stuff anyway...

Hopefully this keeps me from running over a dog :eek:

Great idea, and for $70 :eek: I hope it lasts at least one season!
I'd put a guard over that thing, as I know I'd find a way to bash it into something :eek:

quick thinking vaughn.. i am sure it one of those parabolic camers that make things looklike ballons sharon i know your thin and trim,, its bucky and brent that need to use those tread mills more:)

Well, the thunder and lightning moved through last night. Saw a LOT of very close lightning strikes. Some of them started some small fires, but fortunately this storm brought use a quarter inch of rain, which was enough to douse those fires very quickly.

The upside is that since it rained, I was able to take advantage of the moisture to do a little driveway maintenance. If I try to do it on a dry driveway, all that happens is I move a few rocks around and raise huge clouds of dust.

And I think I'm finally learning exactly how to use Bob to get-r-dun. Going forward is useless, as the blade will dig in and gouge the gravel. The way I did it today was to make a slow pass going down the driveway and going perpendicular to the edge, to back blade from the sides back to the center. Once I got all that excess moved onto the driveway, It was then time to back blade it all into a nice smooth surface all up and down. That meant a lot of backwards driving, and boy does that little rear view camera come in handy for that.

And now the driveway is as smooth as a babies bottom, if their bottom was covered in small rocks.

so that means you did remove that picture that was left on the moniture to protect it till time to use ??? because we know that wasnt sharon in that pic you showed us:)