Time to make the arrows.

Tell ole grey beard Chuck.:) lol if its made of wood its woodworking.
Chucks mugs.....wood

Chucks arrows.....wood

Chucks cannon mount ........wood...

All good. lol

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

When I visited a cousin in England a couple of years ago, he showed me some bows, including a longbow. He surprised me by referring to the longbow as an 'artillery' bow. Thinking about it, it made sense, but I'd always thought it would be an infantry weapon.

Nice arrows, but where are the Indians?

When I visited a cousin in England a couple of years ago, he showed me some bows, including a longbow. He surprised me by referring to the longbow as an 'artillery' bow. Thinking about it, it made sense, but I'd always thought it would be an infantry weapon.

Nice arrows, but where are the Indians?

I go with artillery. Think about it they stood at the back shooting over the infantry at the opposing side. To soften them up before the charge. Now a days the stand behind them is more like miles than a few feet.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

Chuck those arrows are nice. Are they also used with recurve bows or long bows?
My 60 is a long bow and my 40 is a recurve.
Gave them both a try today and it's funny the 60 (long bow) seems to shoot way slower than the 40. But when the arrow gets to the target it has a lot more power behind it with the 60.

Last edited:
My 60 is a long bow and my 40 is a recurve.
Gave them both a try today and it's funny the 60 (long bow) seems to shoot way slower than the 40. But when the arrow gets to the target it has a lot more power behind it with the 60.

reason why!!!! the recurve is probally shooting faster they are normally faster bows chuck around 120ft persecond.. the long bow is pushing a heavier shaft slower but the enertia and kinetic energy is higher.. do you want to be hit by a feather at 50 miles an hr or a brick at 25 miles an hour? the heavier shafts will penatrate farther but wont shoot as flat as the lightr shafts. also a heavier shaft is usually more accurate.