tool rack started

Ned Bulken

ran out of PVC pipe, but here's the start of my tool rack. Loads of room for expansion.

lathe land update.jpglathe toolrack.jpg

I'm planning on turning the lathe 90° to the wall so those won't be over the ways when I'm turning, just are until I get things situated.

and 'Shelob' came to visit as well

shop spider 2.jpg

If Shelob stayed out of my way he could live in my shop. If he got in my way and I could catch him, he/she/it would get caught in a jar and dumped on a bush some where outside where he would stand a chance at living on.

That is a neat turning tool rack. I used PVC to make mine also. That is also a very neat spider web, they can be so beautiful.

Enjoy,

JimB

Looking good Ned, but if Shelop popped it's head around me I would of beat it with every tool you've got hanging up :eek:
Shelob has a couple of friends as well, but they're out of arm's reach (though not board reach) and until I get things all closed in, I doubt that I'm going to win any 'battle' with them.

True that!:eek:
hey, she earns her keep... no flies in my shop!

Looks great Ned.
Thanks Bernie, it's admittedly a small step, but an important one.

I'm with Bob...Shelob would of been shish kabob :rofl:
Nice tool rack :thumb:
Thanks Ken!

Each to his own if it works & you like it that's what counts it does look good. I like simple... a wood strip with sockets drilled by a forstner bit & magnetic strip.
Simple and effective works.

If Shelob stayed out of my way he could live in my shop. If he got in my way and I could catch him, he/she/it would get caught in a jar and dumped on a bush some where outside where he would stand a chance at living on.

That is a neat turning tool rack. I used PVC to make mine also. That is also a very neat spider web, they can be so beautiful.

Enjoy,

JimB

I seriously doubt I'll be able to spider-proof the shop anytime soon... I'm aiming more for warm and toasty before the snow flies. To that end I'll be working on my solar system this week!

Thanks though, re the tool rack. I borrowed liberally from several designs, the PVC pipe design appealed to me, and I made sure that it wasn't a chip collector... hence the open bottom of the pipes.