Miter Spline Jig

Looks like it should do the trick, Ned. :thumb:

A suggestion: When you're not using your tablesaw, I'd recommend getting in the habit of retracting the blade. Leaving the blade up only invites dinged projects and skin, and risks damaging the blade, too. ;)

That'll certainly get the job done, Ned.
Thanks Billy, I'm sure hoping it will!
Nice job on the jig Ned. What's the project it's going to be tested on?
Darren,
I'm working on some skill-builders. Just a handful of small boxes. Nothing fancy, but they've been fun so far.
Looks like it should do the trick, Ned. :thumb:

A suggestion: When you're not using your tablesaw, I'd recommend getting in the habit of retracting the blade. Leaving the blade up only invites dinged projects and skin, and risks damaging the blade, too. ;)
Yeah, it was a Quick build... I cut the 45° on the plywood and secured it to the backer board in a span of 10 minutes max. I generally do drop the blade though, since the TS does serve as one of my main work surfaces.

...Yeah, it was a Quick build... I cut the 45° on the plywood and secured it to the backer board in a span of 10 minutes max. I generally do drop the blade though, since the TS does serve as one of my main work surfaces.

But in that 10 minutes you've already got clamps and workpieces on the saw top, just waiting to mix it up with a carbide tooth. :) Like you, I rely heavily on the saw table as one of my work surfaces, but my blade is almost always dropped before it's even done spinning after the last cut. I'm just in the habit of cranking the handle as soon as I hit the power switch. The only exception is if I'm doing something with an exact depth of cut. In those cases, I'll wait until I've confirmed the depth is what I need, then I retract the blade. ;)

Couple of the boxes that are still works in progress...

bw-box.jpgtwo-boxes.jpg cherry maple box color.jpgsepia boxes.jpg

trying out Lightroom right now, and these basically were processed entirely in LR4. Jury is still out, but it is quicker for adding photos to the computer as well as for keeping track of them.

and one more for the photo fans...
old barn.jpg