Garage sale find

Tom Baugues

I went to a garage sale that had "woodworking tools" advertised. I did not get there until about 3 pm so I didnt think there would be much left over however the guy had an older dust collection system (got one) a lathe (got two) and a scroll saw (got one). After talking with the owner he told me that the equipment was his fathers who has passed, and he no longer wanted any of it so it was all for sale. After deciding that I didnt need any of the larger tools I became intrested in a box full of wood screws that he had set on the ground under a table. I was also intrested in another non-woodworking $5.00 item he had for sale. I told the ownwer that I would buy the $5.00 item. He then told me that it was late in the day and that if I could use the box of screws....then please just take them for free so that he didnt have to mess with them any longer. It sounded like a good deal to me so I paid the man. I went to pick up the box of screws and about busted a gut. :eek: This box was HEAVY! After getting it home it weighed #68 lbs.
So last night I set out to make some shelves to hold all the screws. There is just about every size I would ever need. Everything from a #2 to #10 screws. There were also 1/4-20 and 5/16-18 nuts and bolts that I have added to another drawer I have in my garage. My shelves did not hold all of it. I still have another 12 boxes that I have stacked in another cabinet. There were also wooden pegs and plugs and dowels and such. Not a bad deal at all.

Attachments

• 100_0864 (Small).JPG
    100_0864 (Small).JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_0865 (Small).JPG
    100_0865 (Small).JPG
    72 KB · Views: 74
Fabulous! And they came in boxes so they're already sorted for you.

I donated a small bucket of 2" common nails to Habitat for Humanity a while back. It was only 6 lb. but I'd tried to sell them. Nobody wanted them, but he never came by to pick them up. HforH was happy to get them.