My version of the Woodgears.ca tenon jig

Alan Bienlein

Well I finally broke down and bought the plans for this tenon jig that I've been lusting after for so long.
010 (800 x 601).jpg

I was going to start it this past weekend but car maintenance put a stop to that idea. I was able to buy the hardware needed for this jig and for the horizontal slot mortiser thats next on the list.
011 (800 x 601).jpg

I do have to give Matthias credit for some very good plans. Every dimension was spot on. I have absolutely no slop in the mechanism at all. I spent $15 for the hardware needed to build this and I already had a couple of dial indicators lying around.
001 (800 x 601).jpg003 (800 x 601).jpg002 (800 x 601).jpg

I even tied cutting the same tenon as he did in the video just to test it out. All I got to say is WOW!!!:score: I cut four tenons and they ranged in thickness from .373" to .375".
004 (601 x 800).jpg005 (601 x 800).jpg006 (601 x 800).jpg
007 (601 x 800).jpg008 (601 x 800).jpg

And for anyone that's wondering the tenon is offset and that was done on purpose. This jig is designed so that you set the stops, clamp the stock to the jig and make your cuts without having to unclamp and turn the piece around. The one thing you do need to know is the thickness off the kerf of the saw blade that you might use. A simple test cut will give you that info.

Now it's time to start the Horizontal slot mortiser and then I'm going to make the panto router after that.

Well that is an endorsement for sure to see you having made one and with your experience say it works like advertised. Not that i would expect anything other from Matthias. That guy is really in a league of his own.