Memorial plaque

John Ryan

My wife and I lost our youngest son Iain in June he was 29. The plaque is going into his work to be put on display beside the awards that they hand out. One of these awards is now named after him. This is my first serious attempt at pyrography. It is not perfect but I felt I had to do it. Iain was doing a long distance walk in Scotland call The West Highland Way 96 miles. He passed on the second day after about 35 miles. He will be missed by his 6 year old son and our family. Noah is in my avatar.
It was being done on behalf of Cancer Research UK. His target was £200 but it now stands at approx £1672+ gift aid. Thank you for reading this.

Untitled-1 jpeg.jpg

First, my sincere condolences to you and your family for your loss. What a heartbreaking story.

Second, you did a beautiful job on the plaque. It's a wonderful tribute to your son.

Thank you all for your thoughts and comments. It was as hard to make the plaque as it was to write the post, my hands were shaking by the end. Our grandson is making sure that we have something to focus on and it is helping. Thank you all again.

Stephen first of all thank you very much. My wife and I will be thinking of you and your wife. It may be 7 years but to you and your wife it will seem like yesterday. I think I now understand what heartache is.
The plaque was delivered to Iain's boss today 28th. When she saw it she was very quiet (this lady is not known for this) her first words were "I did not expect something like this". Athough she knew I was doing one it came as a suprise to her the detail in it. I will admit to being pleased with the comments from his work colleagues but it was a small thing to do for them for all the support my family have had from them. Thank you.