Up in smoke. Should of stayed in spinny land.

Tom Baugues

I was able to get some shop time today so I decided to start a new small project. I put my lathe away and decided to work in "Flat land". I had some cherry that was cupped pretty bad so instead of driving 20 minutes to my fathers house where he has a planner I was running it threw my little joiner/planer. It has blades about 5 1/2" wide and the boards I was using were 5" wide so I thought it would be ok. It was doing a great job and I had planned both sides of about 5 boards about 10 inches long each, when all of a sudden i heard the motor bogg down and get much slowwer. I could also smell it getting very hot so I shut it off. It only has a 7/8 hp motor. It's too hot to handle right now but I'm guessing it's fried!

Finally get out in the shop and......oh well. I guess I'll be keeping an eye on Craigslist for a good deal.
Back to spinny land for now.

well tom i got some cherrry shorts that you can replace yours with and we can run them to what thickness you need in couple weeks ,,always glad to help keep a guy near flat land rather than spinning around lost:)

Speaking of "Flat land" I will tell you what one of my grand daughters said when she was about age 17, "I'm a perfect 36---12, 12, 12.

Let us see what kind of reply ole flatlander Merlau can come up to that.

Enjoy,

JimB

makes perfect sense to me jim, considering she is kin of yours and we all know your full of fertilizer:) and that grand daughter's numbers can make anything grow well:)