Not a joke. I wish it was.

Yikes! Sounds like you handled it just right!

Good information on the 38/357 shot shells I didn't know those were available commercially, last time I looked I could only find 22 (apparently didn't look in the right place!).

Maybe need a snake pistol with those shot shells. OK, guys, help me here.
Carol, a revolver in any popular caliber (e.g. .357 mag., .44 mag., even .22) with shot capsules will work fine. Ammunition can be purchased at any gun shop. For my .44 mag. I used to load my own shot capsules for my .44 mag. For this incident I used commercial ammo in .22WMR in my revolver.
Some responses I got were real funny in my frame of reference. My sister-in-law and a friend in Little Rock, both city girls, said I should have called animal control. :rofl: I replied that animal control in the country is a gun.

Glad you were able to take care of your little friend, hopefully it didn't bring any family along.

Since I'm somewhat in the city I'd have a hard time shooting with a firearm without getting a visit from the local PD. I do have a couple of pellet guns that I use for that purpose though. They are only single shot, but are very accurate, so that is usually not an issue. Since the pellets are lead, there's very little chance of a ricochet inside the shop too.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/5913356?a...&wl3=13683326350&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem&veh=dat

Here is an option to deal with needing multiple shots:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Crosman-357-.177-Pellet-Pistol/17173783?findingMethod=rr

Last edited:
Some responses I got were real funny in my frame of reference. My sister-in-law and a friend in Little Rock, both city girls, said I should have called animal control. :rofl: I replied that animal control in the country is a gun.

Frank you cracking me up with laughter.

I would have had to use a shovel or something of that kind but it would have got a beating for coming into my place. Dont think the skin would have been worth saving when i was done. :rofl:

So, I'm going to have snake dreams tonight. Nightmares. From this thread, and other things.

Watching Dirty Jobs Down under and they were helping out a company called 'Snake Away'. Apparently, in Adelaide, the Austrailian Brown snake, the 2'nd most venomous snake in the world, is pretty prevalent.

And to top it off, It's illegal to kill them. The law says you have to catch them, then release them within 5 kilometers of where they were caught.

I'm not going to move to adelaide any time soon...

Long handled tools can be effective also. hoes, shovels, etc.

My dad always like to tell the story of when he was out fencing in (I think..) Colorado. Flat desert not much for miles. A rattler had curled up next to the pile of fencing supplies which included pretty much everything over 4' in length for miles. All he had left were the fencing pliers so he threw them at the snake and .. pinned it to the ground right in the middle of it so it was stuck but still had plenty of room to maneuver. Once in a lifetime bad shot. Eventually he managed to use some wire to pull a shovel away from the snake and dispatch it. That's how I heard the story anyway :D

If that where in my house I wouldn't worry about what gun to use. If all I had was a .308 then I would patch the wall, the floor, the foundation and replace any electronics and furniture that was damaged.