little scare this morning

after driving 12 hrs yesterday from Larrys to home I woke up this morning with a large flooter in my right eye. I can not see anything because its so bright from the chemicals the doc dropped in my eyes. Old age brings on flooters. At least I'm getting around to getting glasses instead of 5/10 store kind.

Don't mean to frighten you, but if those floaters are of the brown - reddish/brown variety, it could very well be part of your retina. White/gray/black are generally not a worry unless new and copious.

Thanks everyone. It is bothersome. it is a half semi circle line just off center of vision. I have a customer who is a leading eye surgeon in DC and I'll call him today.

David { White/gray/black are generally not a worry unless new and copious.} Gray Black doc said it should settle down and hopefully sink lower.

David { White/gray/black are generally not a worry unless new and copious.} Gray Black doc said it should settle down and hopefully sink lower.

Good luck.

I was in a violent car accident 5 years ago. Luckily, I wasn't hospitalized, but a few days later I noticed some new floaters. Like you, I have a good relationship with an ophthalmologist (and good insurance), so I called his office. Luckily he has a nurse answering the phone (rather than a receptionist) and she triaged me. When she asked what color they were and I said brown, she kinda freaked out. He was examining me two hours later and I was getting laser surgery to repair a tear the next day.

It was basically painless. The problem is the brown/red color comes from blood.... meaning living tissue. They have to repair it before the tissue dies or you are out of luck.

Last edited by a moderator: