Rack for Small Handsaws

glenn bradley

Gonna knock one more off the to-do list before the heat gets to be too much . . . Close cousin to my rack for squares. The material looks a little odd because I made it out of an extra drawer glide standoff left over from a previous project and standing in the scrap bin. The brass screw on the side holds my little bitty miter box:

Small Saw Rack (1).jpg

Some custom pockets to catch the coping saws:

Small Saw Rack (2).jpg

Now they are all together, handy and taking up less space.

Small Saw Rack (3).jpg

I guess I can take the hooks out of the ends of the handles now :eek:.

Good looking one Glenn, this is one is on my "to do list" as well, but it seems that I never have the time or will to make those short projects.

I really like how you do the L bolt in the back. Wish I thought of that before I screwed a gazillion holders to the pegboard. OTOH, I'm not limited to where the holes are.
What size L bolt do you use? Have you sourced them in bulk, or do they come 6 or 10 or so to a pack?

I have hooks that I have gathered along the way but, I think they are about a buck for 3 at the BORG :eek:. The ones I use are just under 1/8" diameter. I have yet to figure out the numbering system for these hooks but I think they are a #112(?). You can find them online in 10-packs for about $1.80 if I have the size right.

I don't know how I missed this one. I kept my machinists vise on the floor at the end of the outfeed table. A box stood there as well for scraps that are suitable for backer boards on the router table or tablesaw. Found a new home for the vise and swung the box around between the saw and outfeed. Presto. A great spot for some pegboard to hold stuff I use in that part of the shop. I no sooner put it up than things started jumping all over it.

Pegboard Outfeed.jpg

Last edited: