Dial Calipers

Wow thanks Craig.

When i created this post i dont think i was properly understood or made myself clear.
I dont look to measure wood to micro sizes. What i want is a reliable measuring device.
Second nothing to do with being old fashioned but an analog indicator like a dial can show u more at a glance than some digital device. So hence my desire to have a dial. But i want a tool that is repeatable not neccessary super accurate.
So say u measure a dowel with a vernier or digital caliper what u get is actual dimensions u have to interpret. But if u use a dial u can compare a bunch of measurements quickly just by seeing whether the difference is high or low of a mark.
Its this kind of repeatable indication i am looking for in a decent dial caliper.
I will at some point in time get to HF and buy one of theirs and then see if it meets my needs but being able to read the dial is also one of those needs and the one from Starret certainly meets that.

Thanks for all the input i appreciate it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

You're quite Welcome. You are correct that it's probably easier to check things, especially like dowels with a dial caliper, it used to surprise me at how out of round some dowels were. At one time I used to know all the decimal equivalents down to all the 1/32nds and some of the 1/64ths but those days are gone.

I see now they have digital readout kits for planers. I used to use a magnetic base and a 2" travel Dial Indicator, that dial indicator was super handy.