Thicknesser problems

Bruce Thomas

Hi All, i have just purchased a "carbi-tec" 15 inch thicknesser ( second hand ) It seems to run very well, but after a few minutes use, the thicknesser cuts out, it doesn't seem to matter if its under load or just running in between passes. After a couple of minutes, i press the start button and off it goes again - I don't have a lot of patience at the best of times, so getting just a little annoyed as to why this is happening - so i will leave the floor open to the members, any ideas guys .. please ??

Circuit breaker of thermal overload on the motor(?). Is the motor or power cord hot to the touch? I see a 15amp 240v circuit recommended. Is your outlet provisioned correctly; wire gauge, outlet, etc.? All just things to check. It is still sold so a manual should be available. HTH.

Last edited:
It may just be an oversensitive overload/overheat protection cut-off switch. This happened on my Grizzly planer when I first got it. It was a new modle. Griz folks replaced it and have since changed the switch.

Thanks guys for the advice, the work shop has just been wired by an electrician (about a week ago ) and the thicknesser is plugged into a 15am 240v outlet, will have to get him back to check it out, had a look myself, but really, i don't know who I'm kidding, i have NO idea what I'm looking for !!!