Chip Charnley

Not a question as simply a statement.

I have come to the conclusion tha the New Posts function is pretty useless. I don't get on with a enough time to go through all the new posts in a short period of time. I get on between meetings and other activities. I don't shut down my browser but when I try to go back to the new posts page after some period of time, 50% of the time, the page has gone blank and I have no way to regenerate the list except based on some time the web site decided I had last been on. The best example was today. For various reasons I hadn't been able to be on for the past several days. I had 5 pages of "new posts" when I got on this morning. I got through roughly the first page of those new posts. When I came back to it just now, they are all gone and replaced by a half a dozen new posts since 11:26AM today rather than several pages of them. Even the Advanced Search won't let me regenerate the list. It demands a search term in addition to the time constraint.

Please don't get me wrong. Everyone moderating this site does a wonderful job and I am not complaining (much). :eek: :rofl:

But, as you work through things over time, if there is something that can be done to solve my intermittant problem, I would greatly appreciate it. :D :thumb:

I don't believe the blank pages situation is forum generated. Your computer or browser might have a time-out setting. Howzabout just looking at topic titles that get your attention and read those only?

Hi Chip

We have to set the time that stuff expires, and we expanded the default time by quite a bit, IIRC, but I do understand your problem.

I access this site via no less than 3 different computers on a a daily basis, and I have a similar problem.

I dunno if this helps or not, but if you click the "Quick Links" pull down menu, you can see a link called "Today's Posts"..........

todays_posts.jpg

....... this will show all of the posts in the last 24 hours, if they have new posts in the threads or not..........

Does that help at all?

Cheers!

Hey Stu, that will help sometimes. Didn't know that one. However, most weekends I don't get on so I am trying to go back for Friday afternoon, SAT and SUN on Monday. But it's better than nothing. ;)

Thanks.

I don't believe the blank pages situation is forum generated. Your computer or browser might have a time-out setting. Howzabout just looking at topic titles that get your attention and read those only?

Frank,

It's clearly a forum issue. When I said blank, I meant blank as in nothing in the list not blank as in a completely blank page.

There is a "Hack" that allows the member to choose the window he/she would like to look at all posts from the last...1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 15, 30 days. Go to www.mytractorforum.com and look at the far left button on the menu bar labeled "Active Topics".

I use the "Today's Topics" exclusively here.... and "Active Topics" on MTF.

The hack can be added here...an Admin here can contact "Simple_John", the Admin at MTF, for any other info. He's a great guy, and very helpful.