The Eyes Have It! (Surgery Update)

Bill Arnold

Staff member
The cataract surgery on my left eye was done yesterday (Thursday 9,20). All seemed to go well, except for being up writing this in the middle of the night! I'll see the doctor for a follow-up this morning at 8:15. For now, everything appears to being progressing well. LOML is certainly keeping a tight leash on me so I don't do anything too crazy for a while!

The new lens in my right eye is doing well on distant vision so far. Now, the left seems to be matching to it fairly well; won't know for sure until a little more healing takes place.

Thanks for all of your well-wishes!

The LOML has had the cataract surgery... greatest thing she could have done.... she did have a little more retina work done on the left eye, but now no glasses except to read... before she could see the tail lights of cars ahead, but not judge how far they were... she nearly stomped a hole in the floor board on the passenger side of the car "helping" me stop... even though the car was 1000 yards down the road.... now she only warns me that he's turned on his blinker and about to turn... the car is still 1000 yards down the road, but I've been warned that he's turning....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I had both eyes done fifteen years ago. Everythng has been fine, but I have to wear reading glasses. Your doctor probably told you not to lift anything over 10 pounds, and not to bend over more often than absolutely necessary. pay attention to that. Your wife can carry the groceries into the house for the next ten weeks. :D

I had the right eye done about 15 years ago, no problem and great results.
The left is going to need it before very long. The VA doctors says anytime I feel it is necessary to call her and she will schedule. I'll wait until after the first of next year and make the decision.
It is a wonder what they can do.