Brown Tool Auction

Neat stuff to see there thanks for sharing - out of my range I suppose more oriented towards collectors than users it appears.

And... I learned something HUDLEMAKER'S TWYBIL leads to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twybil

""In the heyday of the twybil, mortises in small work were often round-ended and so could be cut very quickly by brace and twybil alone, the tenon being rounded to fit.[6] Only large, or high-quality work required the square ends and smoothed sides of a precise mortise.""

Heh, I picked up a copy (well almost) of Item B-681 at an estate sale a couple months ago - didn't know it was an ice pick, I figured it was a scratch awl, works for that anyway.. Interesting. I think I paid $1.50, not $100+ :eek: Although on closer inspection the one I have doesn't have any lettering on the ferrule and is not nearly as shiny so undoubtedly not worth nearly that much (still in good condition, but has a nice patina :D)

Nice tools maybe I bid on one or two but I don't understand the final numbers that they put on each description. Is it a price range orientation?

I think the prices are on the high end, but the tools are also in pretty good shape. Clarence has a rep for honest descriptions, and has written some valuation guides that seem fairly accurate. I don't think you get bargains, but you do get good value.