3 more

Thanks Darren, these are my first using actual cigar boxes...makes the process so much quicker ;) attach the neck, piezo & cable jack, add a little deco and waa-laa...
Which is great for me, as I need way more lab time in my neck building.
I bet you could sneak one by the Misses' radar easily :D

If you've got any wine bottles around, you should consider using the necks for guitar slides.

100_1187cropped.jpg

Here is a glass bottle cutting method using hot/cold water:

http://article.wn.com/view/2012/06/28/Simple_Cutter_Gives_Glass_Bottles_New_Life/

There are better videos on this out there, but it shows a pretty reliable process. EDIT: Looking at it again, he mentions using sand paper (to smooth out the edges). Be sure to wear a dust mask, breathing glass dust is not good. ;)

Also, can make the Mrs. a nice flower vase... ;)

Attachments

• 2012-02-09.jpg
    2012-02-09.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Those are just plane awesome! Is the littlest one a uke?
Next comes all the drawers, shelves full of cigar boxes! Don't ask me how I know! Of all I have, this is my favorite. Someday I'm going to get to it! It a tin box.

Attachments

• IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 12
Thanks guys, much appreciated! :)

Thanks for the link Darren, on the 'to-do' list :thumb:

Larry, selling is the plan I hope, but I'll need a way to dispose of the stogies, never acquired a taste for them & the wife sez "no way" she's having babies, so passing 'em out may have to resort to Halloween :D

Paul , the little one is just a short scale 3 stringer, but to be honest, I wouldn't know a uke if you put one in my hand :eek:...Super tin ya got there, I'd be mighty fond of one like it myself. Here's one I do have that will either become a mini reso, or an amp. Waiting on it to tell me :rofl:
mini-pics 001.jpg

I guarantee that each of them would sound different than anything you ever heard if you let me play them.

No matter how they would sound if I played them, they really look good.

Enjoy,

JimB

p.s. I have a real nice looking redwood cigar box of some kind. Right now all it contains is an empty nice looking wooden Craftsman box.

Ummm.

Huh.

I'm er.

Uh.

Well..

Ken, Those are just gorgeous. I can't even .

Uh.

Speechless.

Those are fantastic. :thumb: