Got a package today !!!!!!!!!!

Bob Gibson

While I was waiting for my grand daughter at the bus stop today the mailman stopped and let me know that she left a package by my mailbox. :dunno: My wife hates spending money:)D) so I know she didn't order anything. I haven't placed any orders for anything lately:huh:

My grand daughter picked it up and asked me who Jim Delaney from Ohio was.

The generosity of the members here never ceases to amaze me.

Thank you Jim. I promise that I will unplug a few of my power tools and learn (or re-learn what my Jr. High shop teacher taught me) how to use, care and sharpen it.

I don't know much about this type of plane but I do know that I'm very grateful. Thank you.

Attachments

• 100_4329.jpg
    100_4329.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_4330.jpg
    100_4330.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_4331.jpg
    100_4331.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 63
Now that is the kind of package you like to come home to:thumb: have fun with it and good on you for sending it Jim:thumb::thumb::thumb: yep things like this is what makes this forum so dang special:)

Well... Yeah, it's my plane, but it actually came via the Ambassador. I left several planes at his house after the recent get-together, and told Larry to dole them out (or even keep them) as he saw fit.

That's a pretty good little plane, Bob. The knob and tote are cherry - made by me - and the sole is flat, and the blade sharp. It did see some use at Larry's, so it might need a 'touch up' sharpening, though.

Enjoy it!

When I saw the shapely cherry parts I thought maybe you made them Jim. Nicely done, sir. And Bob, good luck with it. I hope you get hooked on hand planing.

Now that's some generosity. Nice looking plane, and you know if it came from Jim it's going to be well fettled... :thumb:

Congrats to the giver, the dole-er and the dole-ee. that plane looks nicer than some of my daily users. What a great Family.