My Winter Project - Thanks Jeff H.

Jeff Bower

Last fall I wanted to give this a go, but other things got in the way. I finally ordered Jeff Horton's book on Friday...it arrived Monday with his autograph inside to boot! I think I got the "shipped" email within 20 minutes of ordering!!:eek:

I read the book last night and found it well written and very informative. I will be ordering plans and the other supplies very soon. I think I'm leaning towards the Cast-Away model as it's a more open cockpit, pretty stable and has some storage built in. The plan is to just paddle around some local and far away lakes and rivers for fun and a bit of exercise with a good friend that has a fiberglass kayak.

Now I need to get some (ok quite a bit:eek:) of junk out of the garage to make room and get going on a stongback, and get ready for the build! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20121001_171855.jpg
    IMG_20121001_171855.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 18
I've read that book a time or two myself, and you're right...it's very informative and easy to follow. :thumb:

...The plan is to just paddle around some local and far away lakes and rivers for fun and a bit of exercise with a good friend that has a fiberglass kayak...

As light as Jeff's designs are, I suspect you'll be running circles around your friend's fiberglass rig. I hope he's ready to be schooled. :D