Pens cuz I don't have time for anything else!!!

Jim Burr

Was lucky enough to grab one of Toni Ransfield's blanks from the stash at Exoticblanks.com:D. You could put these on a stick and they would brighten any day of the week!! Thanks Toni and Ed!
Next is a HRB (Hondurian Rosewood Burl from Keller) cast with Alumilite. Added the finial to "keep the flow" so to speak. Casting was done by a friend of mine because Grizzly has their pot on backorder:( Black Ti Jr Gent. C&C always used on the next one and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• TR1.jpg
    TR1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 47
  • HRB1.jpg
    HRB1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 43
I'm glad to see you're getting some turning time there, bud. :thumb: Great-looking pens. I especially like the yellow rose one.

Yes they are both very nice. That Toni is a real artist for sure and you did a great job on her, er blank. I like the other probably a little more because I like wood more than clay. Just me.

Good looking pens Jim. So does this mean your going to start casting your own blanks?

Thanks all!! Yes and no Tom. I can cast PR and run stuff through my stabilizing tank, but can't do Alumilite yet...the pressure pot I want at Grizzly is on back order. When that shows up then I can work on the 4 boxes of worthless wood I've been hanging on to!