IBox owners! Got a question

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
I am trying to adjust the miter bar. Closest I can get it is .010. Seems sloppy. Any tricks to get it closer? The white washer does not turn when I tighten the screw. I have to lift it out and turn it, which I have been doing 90º at a time. Doesn't change much. What am I doing wrong?

If I'm not mistaken the white washer might be designed to expand the more you tighten the screw. Is the center of the washer countersunk with a taper to accept the screw? If so then I think you only need to snug it down some more to snug up the bar in the slot.

@Paul - the white 'washers' in the miter bar.

@Allen - I have tightened them to the point of threatening to bend the allen wrench. No joy.

Not sure what you mean, Carol. It's been a while since I set mine up, but I had no problems getting the bar to fit my miter slot perfectly. It's a bit late tonight for going back out to the shop, but I'll take a look at the bar - and the instructions - tomorrow morning, and get back to you.

That was helpful, Allen. Thanks. I didn't have the slot in the openings, but I also didn't have discs on both sides of the bar. Didn't know about that download either. What else should I know?

That was helpful, Allen. Thanks. I didn't have the slot in the openings, but I also didn't have discs on both sides of the bar. Didn't know about that download either. What else should I know?

From the sound of that, you've solved your problem?

The iBox instructions regarding the bar adjustment aren't as explicit as the reference Allen gave you, but the adjustments are exactly the same, so hopefully, you're in business now.

The bar adjustment is quite critical to successful joinery, because any play at all in the setup will be seen in the final product.

No joy!

Finally got back to the shop for a bit and found my miter bar doesn't support adjustment buttons on both sides of the bar. Nor are there extra adjustment buttons in the packaging. Bar is still too narrow for the slot. That pdf that Allen posted wasn't included either.

Specific recourse? I bought this several months ago and am just now trying to get up to speed with it. My track record with regard to emailing customer support is pretty dismal. I am still awaiting response on several send years ago!

No joy!

Finally got back to the shop for a bit and found my miter bar doesn't support adjustment buttons on both sides of the bar...

So, are you saying that your miter bar doesn't look like the one shown on page 3 of the manual? Mine is exactly like that, and I had no problem adjusting it to fit on my Shop Fox cabinet saw.

You could call customer service/tech support at 1-972-242-9975 - Customer Service; or 1-888-804-6272 - Toll Free Product Technical Support 9:00AM - 5PM ET, or email Product Technical Support: mark@incra.com for help.

I think I'd try calling them first, and if that doesn't solve your problem, try emailing them pictures of your setup.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. Mine went together perfectly, and I had it up and running within about half an hour of taking it out of the box.

Right after I wrote the post to vent, I did call them. First, the pdf Allen posted is for the Incra miter bar, not for the iBox miter bar, so that was a bit confusing. Second, my slot is on the outer fringes of fit. Trick was to align the slot of the adjustment button with the edge of the opening in the bar. That did it. There is a roughness in the milling of the table saw slot, so the bar 'sticks' every so bit. Will have to see how that plays out.

Assembled the rest of the jig. Of course I have a right tilt saw so all the pictures were 'off'. Would have been nice to see pictures of both saw tilts. What can I say? I am a visual person! I like pictures over words. But mirrored pictures for alignment purposes are NOT helpful.

Only have two things left over. One is a PSA blank label in three parts. The other is a white plastic spacer about 1/2" diameter, 1/2" long with a 1/4" hole, roughly. Don't see an obvious place for it. Didn't see it in the instructions. Will have to watch the DVD again.

BTW, cute little plastic wrench for the silver button. :)

But play time is over. Gotta go back to work.

...Only have two things left over. One is a PSA blank label in three parts. The other is a white plastic spacer about 1/2" diameter, 1/2" long with a 1/4" hole, roughly. Don't see an obvious place for it. Didn't see it in the instructions...

As I recall, the white plastic 'sleeve' was just a 'protector' for the exposed portion of the adjusting screw. When I took mine out of the box, that 'sleeve' was over the threads there - I guess to protect the threads during shipping.

Dunno about the label, though. I don't recall having one with mine.

Assembled the rest of the jig. Of course I have a right tilt saw so all the pictures were 'off'. Would have been nice to see pictures of both saw tilts. What can I say? I am a visual person! I like pictures over words. But mirrored pictures for alignment purposes are NOT helpful.

Yep, Had the same issue. Put mine together completely wrong the first time! Still need to watch the dvd when I change the size of the dado though...