What I've been doing since returning from Larry & Randi's rendezvous in MI!

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
View attachment 70854This is a Panache Elegance Rollerball pen, in Spalted Maple I was generously given by jim DeLaney. It is plated in Black Chrome!View attachment 70849Another Panache Elegance Rollerball pen, turned from a beautiful Walnut Burl donated by the Ambassador. It's plated in 10K Gold and was specifically ordered by an 86 year old Judge. He was thrilled when he knew I imported it from MI.View attachment 70847This is a Big Ben (Cigar) BP pen. It's been turned from a worthless piece of Box Elder Burl (Manitoba Maple to us Canucks) that has been cast with a red polyester resin. It's plating is Black Titanium!View attachment 70848This is a Big Ben (Cigar) BP pen in John Deere polyester resin colours cast by an acquaintance of mine on a pen turning forum. It is plated in Gold Titanium!It appears in my attempt to do some editing, I have lost some of the pics! Sorry about that!

I see the Thumbnails are still there! So much for my editing!

Last edited:
Very nice I like the one that looks like Box Elder a lot, that is just plain cool and the complete package (lid + pen) on the brown one is very cool. On the other hand the spalted maple ones are also very nice but I feel biased there because I always like spalted maple :D

I really like the way the spalted maple came out, but of course, I might be just a little bit biased in that opinion... :D

The walnut one looks really good, too.

Is that red tinged on box elder?

I really like the way the spalted maple came out, but of course, I might be just a little bit biased in that opinion... :D

The walnut one looks really good, too.

Is that red tinged on box elder?
Hi Jim; What that is, is a useless piece of Box Elder Burl that a friend of mine cast with some red acrylic. Makes for a great looking pen!

I had a hunch you would be partial to the Spalted Maple! Nice looking pen, eh!

As always sir...amazing!!!
How do you like the Panache (assuming I spelled it right) Kit...do they sell well?
Hi Jim; While I like the Panache, it is not a great seller. But I happen to have met an 86 year old Judge as a customer who just loves them!

He bought the original one I turned from Cherry Burl (not the one pictured here). He purchased the Walnut one (from Larry's stash (shown here). Both of these he has given away. I'm waiting for some more Panaches from CS USA to fill another order of a Walnut one he has ordered.

I told him I imported the Walnut from my friend in MI specially for him. He couldn't thank me enough. He doesn't carry any money with him. His wife stands beside him, a little to the rear with the funds in her purse!

Nice batch of pens. Darn the hardware for pens is getting expensive. Haven't made pens in quite a while and went and looked at a kit on the internet, they are costing more then they use to.

Absolutely beautiful pens, Mack! There must be some proud pen owners out there. Why not make one and send it to the Governor General to sign bills into law with? He'd probably send you a nice letter your could frame.

having seen macks display cases of pens he made, the pictures dont really show just how beautiful his pens are.
You have to hold it up close, feel it, see the finish to really appreciate a work of art.

View attachment 70854This is a Panache Elegance Rollerball pen, in Spalted Maple I was generously given by jim DeLaney. It is plated in Black Chrome!View attachment 70849Another Panache Elegance Rollerball pen, turned from a beautiful Walnut Burl donated by the Ambassador. It's plated in 10K Gold and was specifically ordered by an 86 year old Judge. He was thrilled when he knew I imported it from MI.View attachment 70847This is a Big Ben (Cigar) BP pen. It's been turned from a worthless piece of Box Elder Burl (Manitoba Maple to us Canucks) that has been cast with a red polyester resin. It's plating is Black Titanium!View attachment 70848This is a Big Ben (Cigar) BP pen in John Deere polyester resin colours cast by an acquaintance of mine on a pen turning forum. It is plated in Gold Titanium!It appears in my attempt to do some editing, I have lost some of the pics! Sorry about that!

I see the Thumbnails are still there! So much for my editing!

Now this is very embarrassing. The part in quotes is not in the order that I originally edited it to be. It was much more in order.

Then I came in to edit once more when I had lost some of the Thumbs, and when I saved, this is the mishmash that appears!:huh::bang: