Let's Have a Giveaway...We Have a Winner!

Choose one of the two options below:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
The folks at J-B Weld approached me a while back and offered me a few samples of their products. Their intent was for me to try the products and comment on them on the forum. I told them I'm already familiar with their products (and like them) and that I'd prefer to have some samples to give away here on the forum. They obliged by sending me a dozen or so packages of various J-B Weld products. :DWe gave away the first batch of samples at the Tour de Wood 2012 in Michigan, and now it's time to give some more away to the members here on the forum. Here's what's up for grabs this time around:

J-B Weld Giveaway 1 - 800.jpg

That's one package each of:

J-B Weld Original Steel Reinforced Epoxy

J-B KwikWeld Quick-Setting Steel Reinforced Epoxy

ClearWeld Clear Quick-Setting Epoxy

Permalock Thread Locker

Although it's not required, the folks at J-B Weld would appreciate it if the winner posts feedback about their experiences using these products. They are trying to spread the word about their products, and real-life experiences are what they are looking for.Like we've done in previous forum giveaways, here are the rules:

1. Our giveaways are "opt in" affairs. Only the members who enter the drawing by answering to that effect in the poll are eligible to win. The poll will be open for a week, and a numbered list will be made of the entrants. We'll use
www.random.org to pick the winning number.

2. Family Woodworking Staff members are ineligible. Sorry, guys and gal.
:p

3. You must enter to win. If you accidentally voted "No Thanks" or change your mind, send me a PM and I'll get you moved to the right list. This is a new drawing...if you entered another drawing you will not be included in this one unless you enter it.

4. The drawing will be done using a computer-generated random number. That number will be matched to the corresponding entry number. In other words, if 100 people enter the drawing, the number generator will pick a number between 1 and 100.

5. The poll will close 7 days after I finish posting this, so sometime around 5:15 PM Mountain time Monday, October 15, 2012. The drawing will be done sometime after the poll closes, give or take a half a day).
;) The winner will be notified via e-mail and PM, and will have 48 hours to claim the prize. If it remains unclaimed, it's back to the random number picker to find another name. Once the winner is confirmed, the prize will be sent to the address the winner specifies.

So get your name in the drawing, and let's give away some adhesives!

Thanks much to the folks at J-B Weld for their generous offer. :thumb:

You just opened a whole new window on something I have been trying to do.

I keep wanting 6 inch or longer Tee Bolts. I gave Greg, my oldest son, all of my welding equipment several years ago so I cannot weld a ground-to-shape nut onto some threaded rod to make a Tee Bolt. I wonder if this product is strong enough to keep my special, "JB Welded" on nut from turning in the Tee Track until I have pressure on it.

There are times I make some of the strangest Jury Rigged set-ups to accomplish something that a 6 inch hold-down would accomplish. The most common place I want to do this is for a Hold-Down clamp on the DP. Usually the threaded rod I use is 5/16ths in a Rockler or homemade unit.

Sorry. I got all babbly there. However, if the JB Weld would work, it would be such a simple answer.

Oh yes. Please enter me in your drawing or, if in your experience, you think it will work, I will go buy some JBW and I won't need to be in the drawing.

Enjoy,

JimB

Well folks, we had 33 entrants in the drawing for the J-B Weld products, and here they are:
  1. Bill Arnold
  2. Billy Burt
  3. Brad Boyes
  4. Bruce Shiverdecker
  5. Chuck Thoits
  6. Dan Mooney
  7. Dan Noren
  8. glenn bradley
  9. Howard Cargill
  10. Jason Beam
  11. Jay Caughron
  12. Jim Burr
  13. Jim C Bradley
  14. Jim DeLaney
  15. Jim Hager
  16. John Daugherty
  17. John Moore
  18. Ken Cook
  19. Ken Kimbrell
  20. larry merlau
  21. Michael Hinkel
  22. Mike Gray
  23. Paul Douglass
  24. Rennie Heuer
  25. Rob Keeble
  26. Robert Horky
  27. Roger Pozzi
  28. Sayer Fancher
  29. scott spencer
  30. Stephen Bellinger
  31. Tom Baugues
  32. Tom Niemi
  33. Toni Ciuraneta
And here's the winner, as selected by Random.org:
J-B Weld Drawing 1 Random Org Winner 800.jpg

So...
Paul Douglass

You're our winner!

Paul, send me a Private Message or e-mail with your shipping address, and I'll get the J-B Weld goodies headed your way. :thumb: I'll also be sending you a PM and e-mail notification here in a minute. You have 48 hours to respond, or we'll draw another name.

Thanks to all who entered, and a special thanks to J-B Weld for the generous donation. :bow:

Keep watching...we have another few giveaways coming up soon!

Way to go Paul...now u gotta let us know how the stuff works i aint ever used it before and sure would like to know. :)

THANK YOU VAUGHN....you consistently put in a load of effort to execute these events and i for one want u to know i appreciate it very much especially the open fair manner in which u do it.

Ok now its time big ole Grizz or Jet or Powermatic stepped up with a nice variable speed lathe give away.:) Just saying it would be nice.
Of course if the Canucks would like to get involved i would have no problem entering a contest and hoping to win if they put up a One Way Machine...gee i would even make a special place for it inside my home.:)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks people. It was easy, I just put my name in, but if someone need additional help on how to do it let me know....:rolleyes: JB Weld I have used often, GREAT stuff. Fact it sis holding my glasses together right now and well until I go order some new ones. I real anxious to try some of their other products as well.