New (for me) RAS going in the bench

Picked up this Craftsman RAS for $75. PA030165.JPG

Will now retire my 8 1/4" Ryobi that I have used for years .. P6280178.JPG

Started doing workbench surgery ... PA080168.JPGPA080167.JPG

Almost there ... maybe have in and running tonight .. PA080169.JPG

And, I have just found out there was a recall on these. Parts are now on order and should have them shortly. Parts directly from Emerson. Just in case you might have one of these, here is the link to the recall info; http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/determinemodels.aspx

some folks dont like RAS but i wouldnt be without one robert..and the added kreg rails will make it more useful// enjoy and make sure you take be careful on the cuts it can grab and come at yu.. i have a door spring on mine so it doesnt drift out when repositioning the board for the next cut..it keeps it back from the fence edge so you can reposition and not have to worry about it grabbing it en-route.

Congrats Robert, nice job on the bench too. I've got my dad's old RAS. I've hardly used my miter saw since I got the RAS. Need to do a setup similar to yours. I've got a hood on the back that dad built that drops down to a saw dust collection box below. Planning to close off the chute and hook the dust collector up to it instead. I'll probably keep the original cabinet below and do a built-in for it with some drawers.

Larry, you have any pics of your spring setup?

darren no pics but its simple get a stron storm door spring anchor it back on the wall and connect it to the saw where ever you can solid and have tension on it so you can pull it out but it will pull itslef back and keep it back till the spring weakens then just retension it..