cutting board for friends of ours

Dan Noren

Staff member
back on saturday, my wife's :blah: church was having a bit of a fish fry lunch to raise funds for an upcoming get together, and boy was it nippy! when we got up, it was around 30 degrees. i wasn't too enthused about driving her to church. when we got there, we found that i was the only one who gave in to their spouse that morning. when we went to the park where this event was being held, we found that they needed more help. we both pitched in, she helped with the fish, and after i got back with the last box of burnable odds and ends, cutting board, and good knife, i was put to cutting tomatoes, onions, cucumbers (salad stuff), and chopping cilantro (can't stand the taste of it). after everything was under way, i made sure the fires (2 cooking, 1 warming) were going good. after a bit, one of the gals asked if i could make her a cutting board, about the size of the bbq setup. i said ok, and here it is. it's just a shade under 14" by 24". she should be happy with it.

Attachments

• cutting board.jpg
    cutting board.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 63
I'm sure that board will be very appreciated, Dan. :thumb:

I read somewhere there's a gene that makes a person either like or hate cilantro. Funny. I like it, my daughter hates it...

I definitely got the "hate it" gene. Cilantro is an evil, disgusting weed in my book. But no worries Ken, I still like people who eat it. :D