It's been a good woodworking kind of day.

Tom Baugues

I've been on vacation this week so this morning I decided to get up early and head down to Indianapolis for some me time. I stopped at my favorite lumber store, then Rockler, then Harbor Freight and then Woodcraft. Had a good time shopping, spent some money and came home with a few tools and a couple more project ideas.
I've also spent some time getting my garage moved around to make room for a planer and jointer that I got from my Dad. Been busy in the shop getting all my peg hooks (thanks Allen) hung up and now my shop is starting to become more usable. I've had so much stuff just stacked on my work benches because I needed then hung up on the peg board. I've promised myself I will start a new project by this weekend and I do believe it will happen.

Lumber store, Rockler, Harbor Freight, and Woodcraft. The only way it could be any better is if there were dancin' girls and cocktails thrown into the mix. :thumb: :D

Well, Dan Noren posted his cutting board the other day and that has inspired me to try one. That's something I've wanted to try for some time. That's what the hard maple slabs are for. Maybe I should just sand them the way they are and put on a coat of minerial oil and call it good? :rofl:

This ought to be a real challenge, but I guess a guy that build a beautiful street organ should be able to figure out a cutting board. :)