all set for the craft & bake sale

Dan Noren

Staff member
today i went through and picked out examples of the items for sale. since i'm not sure if i will get an 8 ft table, i have set up for one of my 6 ft tables. if i'm lucky and get an 8 ft table, i can spread stuff out a bit. the car is now packed, and ready to head over the set up tomorrow. almost forgot, there will be a covering on the table... lol

Attachments

• 6 ft left side.jpg
    6 ft left side.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 35
  • 6 ft right side.jpg
    6 ft right side.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 34
Now you need to think about making an Organ like Tom or Jay have to draw in the people.

Then brush up on the sales skills. Dont just sit and wait for people. Engage them. Converse with them. You got a great great icebreaker in that weather station. Put it front and center and give it room to be seen and commented on. If you get a bite draw them in.

Remember the 5 questions approach.... to sales.....

Step 1

Put an item someone shows interest in their hands....(we are feely touchy humans)

Step 2

Ask them 5 questions related to the item to get 5 affrimative answers. If you get a negative swap the item out for something else and repeat.

Question no 5 is always will that be cash or card.

Think about having gift wrapping ex dollar store handy or even gift bags.

Packaging adds value i dont see any.

Be prepared to bundle goods. Put tags on with codes that indicate to you alone what your lowest price would be. Demonstrate a willingness to haggle and have fun doing it.

Checklist

Are items marked with your contact details ie brand and add a biz card into the mix when you hand over the change. Put a promo code on the back of your biz card for future purchases off your website.

Think like a customer and think customer service and convenience. You live in the most customer service orientated country in the world also convenience. Lift the object for people dont let them think about if they should touch. Get it in their hands. Dont be too quick to take it back.

Dont come home without more orders or you fired........(Thats what i was told at a ripe young age it sure is a motivator)

Set a goal of sales for the day and MAKE EM HAPPEN. Set a goal of what you will do with the loot to reward yourself kinda self made incentive. No success no incentive. You must hit the target for the incentive.

If they want a different wood take a deposit and an order and offer discounted shipping in alternative wood/color.

Have strategies ready to deal with objections. Have suggestions ready for what and who these items would make great gifts for. Auto suggestion is gonna help the impulse buy. These will be impulse buys. You need to trigge the impulse. The item aint good enough to do it on its own apart from the Vedder station.

Work out what you have in cost on the whole table and determine how low you would go to clear it out.

Plan on selling out. Not just having a good time.

Go get em. Work it. Be enthusiastic and excited and engaging and positive. Show you know about wood. Take your fair award badges along and hang em on the edge of your table do some bragging in a nice way.

Those flower pots...get a few fake roses from the dollar store and stand a stem in a couple to add to the image.

Good luck.

may the money flow your way dano, and listen to the guy above he knows what he is talking about, you just need the other half of the equation folks willing to spend.

People are people. First lesson of sales is that you need to believe. Second is that if people want something they will find the cash. I will never accept the get out of jail line that the people have no cash. They had no cash before they used credit and before that they had no cash when they bartered.

Your job is to make them want the item bad enough that they part with cash in some shape or form. If you make excuses before you even depart you will not sell a thing.

Sales takes a very thick skin and a positive attitude. Remember every no is one step closer to a yes. You need to determine how many knows you need to handle to get a yes. Then you got a forumula for success you can apply repeatedly. A no is great excitement because the next person can be a yes. Its all how you look at it. Half full or half empty.

The US ecomony still turns over trillions of dollars you just got to get a tiny pin prick of that action. But it wont come to you. You gotta go after it and show the customer you want it.

Sales can be great fun if you let it be. Its all in attitude. If you suffer from feeling rejected get a friend you call that will pick you up when you get rejected and change the tone and language in your head. Otherwise the day is dead after the first no.

Dont harrass be entertaining make athe experience of buying from you a delight. Crack a few jokes have some sweetner to throw in the pot after the sale. Always leave it at a win win.

Just be human.

at least some good news at the start. just got a call from the gal who is organizing this event, and i will be getting an 8 ft table. it will be nice to have that extra 2 ft to spread out in.

Best of success, Dan. :thumb:

(Ya know, maybe you should wholesale everything to Rob and let him sell it. Something tells me he could do it.) :D

the official tally is: 1 angled, and 1 curved wine bottle holders, 1 bottle stopper, 2 vases, 2 pepper mills (with a possible third), 1 advent candle holder, 1 pizza cutting board, and 1 spaghetti measure. after all that, i gave my nephew $25 for helping out. he was a hit with all the little old church ladies. one older gal who was selling stuff said that he was the cutest young man she had ever seen. my brother said that the guys where he works would probably be interested in the stuff i had, and i made up 4 pages of pictures of the stuff i had at the sale. there was one guy and his wife who made jelly out of wine (the alcohol cooked out in the process), and we had a nice talk. he has a vineyard here in minnesota, and he was thinking seriously about opening a store where they would sell their goods, and he liked my stoppers and other wine related stuff, that he would be agreeable to sell my stoppers and such on consignment. who knows what lies ahead for this....